drchrono - A place to change the world. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for drchrono

"A place to change the world."

I have been working at drchrono full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are looking to join a Silicon Valley tech startup that has a vision of the future, drchrono is the place to be. The team is amazing and doing things that healthcare needs.

Ever wonder what it was like to work at the big fortune 500 companies when there were just twenty people at the company? drchrono is that.

Cons

It is a software company at heart that is in healthcare. So if you love software this is a company to be in.

Other Employee Reviews for drchrono

"Hard work but rewarding experience"

I have been working at drchrono full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The experience you gain working at drchrono is invaluable. You can be involved in all aspects of the company- sales, support, development, design. The founders are approachable and willing to meet with each employee individually. The company is going through a period of tremendous growth and is probably going to raise another round of funding. We have the best product in the industry.

Cons

drchrono is going through real growing pains. Startups will often times pivot or have a change in vision. At one point, the tension within the company was palpable because there were an obvious number of people (6-7) that were frustrated and unhappy. They became increasingly difficult to work with. Pretty much all of the those employees are gone. There are around 20 of us still working here and passionate about what we do. drchrono is definitely not "Disney Land", but I can honestly say my experience at this company is very different from the negative reviews below. I hate writing reviews, but the review just prior to mine was not just insulting to management, but it was insulting to everyone that still works here. FYI, our goals and dreams are very much alive.

Advice to Management

Keep designating strong leaders to each department and keep listening to department needs. You are doing a good job so far and we are excited about all the changes coming soon.

"Like Disneyland But For Adults Who Dream of A Wonderful Career"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at drchrono full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had always dreamed of working for Disneyland again but I always said if I ever went back, it would be to have a kick butt job in their corporate offices. I hit the mother load with drchrono, as it is everything I have always wanted and more. I absolutely love working for this company. Sure it has it's challenges but 99% of the time, it's seriously magical. Cool Apple gear that I use every day, hours are flexible and a creative, fun environment where your team really hears what you have to say. That's hard to come by these days and as long as you are a hard worker, you will be rewarded. Health insurance is covered 80% but you have the opportunity to get the absolutely best insurance and when it's the best, paying 20% is pennies.

They really trust the judgement of their employees, yet they give feedback in a respectful manner. It allows me to trust myself when making decisions.

Their developers are highly valued which I love. Another rare thing to come by. Usually devs are at the bottom of the totem pole in most companies but every employee is an equal at drchrono. They are the heart and soul of this company. The collaboration is unmatched. The learning opportunities are huge and they really care about people learning and growing, both as people and employees. We are growing so fast and the passion and dedication that each employee has is going to make this company huge. The CEO and COO are so great and are genuinely nice people that are hard-working and truly care about their employees. I love it here and I am really, really happy.

Cons

-This isn't really a con but it's definitely something for prospective employees to know: this isn't your typical 9-5. If that's what your looking for, this job isn't for you. We work hard, but we play even harder and all those late nights are worth it to work in an environment where I can excel at what I am good at and explore new talents and be able to utilize them and hone them. We don't work long hours or weekends because we have to, we work long hours because we want to and we really care about the difference we are making (as cliche as that sounds.) Once thing I found in life is that cliches are cliches for a reason, because they're true.
    -Sink or swim mentality. Again, not necessarily a con but something to know. You really need to be able to learn quickly and contribute even quicker. Especially if you're a dev.
    -Training program needs work.

Advice to Management

-Adopt more processes.
    -Create solid workflows for employees.
    -Create a standardized training process.