drchrono - Hard work but rewarding experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for drchrono

"Hard work but rewarding experience"

I have been working at drchrono full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The experience you gain working at drchrono is invaluable. You can be involved in all aspects of the company- sales, support, development, design. The founders are approachable and willing to meet with each employee individually. The company is going through a period of tremendous growth and is probably going to raise another round of funding. We have the best product in the industry.

Cons

drchrono is going through real growing pains. Startups will often times pivot or have a change in vision. At one point, the tension within the company was palpable because there were an obvious number of people (6-7) that were frustrated and unhappy. They became increasingly difficult to work with. Pretty much all of the those employees are gone. There are around 20 of us still working here and passionate about what we do. drchrono is definitely not "Disney Land", but I can honestly say my experience at this company is very different from the negative reviews below. I hate writing reviews, but the review just prior to mine was not just insulting to management, but it was insulting to everyone that still works here. FYI, our goals and dreams are very much alive.

Advice to Management

Keep designating strong leaders to each department and keep listening to department needs. You are doing a good job so far and we are excited about all the changes coming soon.

Other Employee Reviews for drchrono

"Review Title"

Pros

Small dev team (could be a pro or a con...)
    I liked basically everyone on the dev team

Cons

The code, especially the older code, can get pretty gross

Advice to Management

The weekly 'good, bad, gratitude' (I already forget the actual terms used) meetings, where each developer has a turn to list for the week one good thing that happened, one bad thing, and something/someone they're grateful for, mostly seem like a pretty big waste of time, especially as the team grows

2. "Awesome Company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at drchrono full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work culture is just the best among similar startups. There is no pressure and new employees are given ample time to get into the company's mould. The company is progressing at an exceptionally fast pace and that keeps all employees motivated. The upper management is quite transparent about the policies and ideas. The senior employees in the company have a lot of experience which benefits the company a lot. The recruitment process is well built and is directed towards taking in only the best.

Cons

I really don't have any cons in mind. Maybe we should have free lunch daily instead of just wednesday and friday.

Advice to Management

Keep going the same way you are. You are quite motivated and that is what is driving the company. Your ideologies are right in place and you acting on it efficiently is something I admire.

drchrono Response

Jun 23, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We work really hard to design an onboarding process where new employees feel welcomed and well informed.