dressbarn - Lots challenge, change, must stay current be valued | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for dressbarn

"Lots challenge, change, must stay current be valued"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Suffern, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Suffern, NY

Pros

Great place learn, new ways still need better communicate direction ask everyone how can improve
Process, share new ideas

Cons

Keep up with politics, lack of transperancy

Advice to Management

Reach out to all find ways improve discussion

Other Employee Reviews for dressbarn

"Don't question the SM's way of working with her AM or associates!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

40% discount on all regular priced items
    20% discount on all clearance items
    The customers

Cons

The gossip among AM to the associates causing extreme prejudice

Because of the individual sales goal, the associates and managers are constantly stealing each others sales. Everyone knows this without it being said, but when the AMs are telling this to the associates, what are the associates supposed to do? Steal back? That seems to be everyone's answer.

I am the top seller in our store, but because I confronted my SM about this, my hours were significantly dropped. No more You Are A Star cards, no more thank yous for hard work done, no more recognition for an $800 Cathy sale, no mention of 9 credit cards in one week. I'm lucky even if she says hi to me now.

I've been with DB for over two years, but instead of acting like the adults they all are, I feel like I'm back in high school again! I've already put my feelers out looking for work that actually involves adults!

Advice to Management

Just because a top store is being a top seller doesn't necessarily mean the DMs and RMs know what's really going on in the stores they manage. Talk to the AMs and the sales associates, privately, if you want the real truth of what's going on. A pretty smile doesn't always mean a pretty heart. People are afraid of losing their jobs if they say anything. I've already lost my hours.

"LOVE Dressbarn!!!"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Elmira, NY
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Elmira, NY

Pros

B.E.L.I.E.V.E. philosophy (Building relationships, Earning trust, Leading by example, Igniting our Business, Elevating standards, Excelling in service)

Cons

DSM is not supporting the Dressbarn ideals.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the employees that do not live and breathe the B.E.L.I.E.V.E. statement. It is TRULY the key to our success.