drillinginfo - Solid company with a future on the cusp of big growth. But like most they are not without issues. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for drillinginfo

"Solid company with a future on the cusp of big growth. But like most they are not without issues."

Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at drillinginfo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people. If you ask any current or former employee what the best part about Drillinginfo is, they will tell you the people that they work with. Like every company there will be those that you may not get along with 100% of the time, it is a very close company that resembles a team environment.

There is a lot of opportunity for upward movement within the company. Further there is a lot of opportunity for movement to various areas within the company.

The work environment is very relaxed yet high energy. They love to work hard and play hard.

Cons

PAY. Very simply the pay is below average for both the tech world as well as Oil and Gas. It is also below average for Austin tech companies.

Turnover. The turnover is much higher than any other company I have ever seen. Employees with more than 3 to 4 years seem to be the longest tenured people you will find.

Constant reorganization. If we are being honest with ourselves here it shows an obvious issue with leadership at some levels.

Advice to Management

Get the pay structure on par with other tech companies. Having exempt employees that do not earn what is defined as a livable salary by economic standards is an issue, and one that must be addressed.

Be very vigilant of not becoming complacent with regards to tilting the game toward favorites within the company. With such high turnover you run the risk of losing valuable people and letting the nails that don't stick out just keep getting by.

Other Employee Reviews for drillinginfo

1. "Improving"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at drillinginfo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very smart people, fun place to work. A lot of innovation going on.

Cons

There are still work silos that need to be fixed - the products are still a work in progress - low end jobs going away.

Advice to Management

Listen to customers about product improvements. Pay people what they're worth. Look at how IT can work better.

2. "Engaged and many opportunities to advance"

Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX

Pros

The work is challenging and you will be challenged. The company is incredibly proactive and always seeking to find new and better ways to serve our customers. I have been in the energy & technology space for over 20 years and do not see other firms investing as heavily as DI does. We also recently release a new platform for our customers that has been received incredibly well from what I understand. Even in a down market!

The company is still in acquisition mode. The recent acquisitions are exciting and additive to the core technology stack creating for exciting solutions for our customers and us as employees to take on more. I am impressed with the new management team Allen Gilmer has brought in and there is a huge focus on employee engagement. I have personally found every member of the ELT open to taking meetings and being willinging to listen. They are not perfect and don't always solve the problem for us, but I have found they do empower the employees to bring solutions as long as we are not just complaining without being willing to be part of the solution. I find the environment to be intellectually stimulating. After being here 2 years, I find that the company is continuing to make great strides to improve. It is a good place to be and I would recommend it to anyone.

Cons

We are still growing out of "start up" in many ways and there are many areas that can be operationalized better. The company grew incredibly fast and I see many areas that can continue to be improved on to become more efficient. The company is investing heavily in our development and that can create its own set of problems as we prioritize what is most valuable to our customers. Internal communication can also be a challenge at times as well as the number of internal meetings that are scheduled.

Advice to Management

Great acquisitions recently with GlobalView and PRODcast/Fundamental Edge. Continue to empower the employees, invest in your managers and continue building an environment of trust.