drillinginfo - Very friendly work place, caring managers and wonderful career opportunities. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for drillinginfo

"Very friendly work place, caring managers and wonderful career opportunities."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at drillinginfo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing at a high rate, this workplace continues to thrive!

Cons

Sales is rewarded much more than the remaining employees.

Other Employee Reviews for drillinginfo

"A growing company fueled by passionate employees who truly want to improve the O&G industry."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at drillinginfo full-time

Pros

Amazing people with various backgrounds, freedom to explore the impossible, room for creativity, excellent Sales Team experience, group work environment, multiple locations, broad range of C level clients, quickly growing, always trying to become "better" for their clients and employees, happy employees, industry intel, pioneers in O&G analytics, reliable team members, groundbreaking products

Cons

Pay is above average, but not outstanding. It helps if you have some prior industry knowledge. An onboarding process did not exist when I started, BUT they've recently implemented a great program that should help all new employees moving forward. Growing at a fast pace - people are hoping that the culture doesn't change.

Advice to Management

I'm hopeful that the new additions to management, re-organization of the sales teams, and amazing product line will be a game changer in 2014 as long as we are all kept in the loop. Remember that change needs to be communicated to everyone. Especially customer facing teams.

2. "Drilling Info has provided me tools & skills that I will benefit from for the rest of my career."

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at drillinginfo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I feel like I am having a positive impact on the oil & gas industry every time I go to work. I'm in the sales department DI has done a good job of providing clear and reachable incentives to make lots of commission dollars. I really enjoy the people I work with and feel a real sense of loyalty to my team as well as the company as a whole.

Cons

As the company is growing there is a more corporate feel than there used to be. The culture is still that of a start-up and the employees genuinely do care about the well-being of others, which has always been special. There is a degree of micro-managing that previously didn't exist.

Advice to Management

Give people clear, attainable goals and provide them the resources and tools to meet these goals. Allow people the freedom to creatively meet expectations in ways they feel are best.