eBay Enterprise - Great job if you like customer service and talking to people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for eBay Enterprise

"Great job if you like customer service and talking to people"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Melbourne, FL
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at eBay Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is good to workers, chance of advancement within company. Flexible hours, alot of overtime during season, undertime if you want it when it is slow.

Cons

Customers are horrid, unreasonable people during season, with unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Management

Better training on software systems so you are not so lost when you hit the floor.

Other Employee Reviews for eBay Enterprise

"“just a sweat shop these days - there's no fun around the place any longer”"

I worked at eBay Enterprise (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, ok salary. You will have an opportunity to learn much about software engineering.

Cons

After almost 6 years at this company I believe I have worked here long enough to understand the trajectory of its culture, its people and its identity. And I can honestly say that the environment now is as toxic and destructive as I have ever seen it.
    To put the problem in the simplest terms, the interests of the client continue to be sidelined in the way the firm operates and thinks about making money. The firm has veered so far from the place I joined right out of college that I can no longer in good conscience say that I identify with what it stands for.
    It might sound surprising, but culture was always a vital part of GSI’s success. It revolved around teamwork, integrity, a spirit of humility, and always doing right by our clients. The culture was the secret sauce that made this place great and allowed us to earn our clients’ trust. It had something to do with pride and belief in the organization. I am sad to say that I look around today and see virtually no trace of the culture that made me love working for this firm for many years. I no longer have the pride, or the belief.

Advice to Management

Like TrueAction down the block, GSI needs a complete change at the top. There's really no advice that I can provide to the current management, except this: resign for the good of the department and the company.

"CSSR"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Eau Claire, WI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Eau Claire, WI

I worked at eBay Enterprise part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling for a college student, good pay for college student, and great training.

Cons

Crowded atmosphere and some employees were able to retain jobs after holiday season due to connections.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees based on numbers they produce not by who they know.