eBay Enterprise - Headed in the Right Direction | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for eBay Enterprise

"Headed in the Right Direction"

I have been working at eBay Enterprise (More than a year)

Pros

Tremendous opportunity ahead with the combined eBay/GSI businesses. Great growth potential and some cool things happening as the company streamlines and integrates the different GSI businesses. Hired some really strong leaders in recent months.

Cons

There is a lot of work to be done and the transition to incorporate eBay tools and processes can be painful at times, but that is to be expected when a company of 5k gets acquired by a company five times as large.

Advice to Management

Set the course and stay the course.

Other Employee Reviews for eBay Enterprise

"Good for short term employment, not a long term career solution."

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at eBay Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Entrepreneurial company in growth mode, able to be creative with solutions, good co-workers for the most part. Backed by a great parent company (eBay) who has great processes, leaders, etc.

Cons

Financially unstable, constantly cutting positions, lack of focus on clients, they just want to make as much money as possible without regard to customers, employee's, etc. Sr. Leadership is weak and out of touch with the front line causing bad decisions that are costing money and creating financial issues.

Advice to Management

Get in touch with the business, front line and listen to your employees. Stop making bad decisions that cost millions of dollars to fix.

"“just a sweat shop these days - there's no fun around the place any longer”"

I worked at eBay Enterprise (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, ok salary. You will have an opportunity to learn much about software engineering.

Cons

After almost 6 years at this company I believe I have worked here long enough to understand the trajectory of its culture, its people and its identity. And I can honestly say that the environment now is as toxic and destructive as I have ever seen it.
    To put the problem in the simplest terms, the interests of the client continue to be sidelined in the way the firm operates and thinks about making money. The firm has veered so far from the place I joined right out of college that I can no longer in good conscience say that I identify with what it stands for.
    It might sound surprising, but culture was always a vital part of GSI’s success. It revolved around teamwork, integrity, a spirit of humility, and always doing right by our clients. The culture was the secret sauce that made this place great and allowed us to earn our clients’ trust. It had something to do with pride and belief in the organization. I am sad to say that I look around today and see virtually no trace of the culture that made me love working for this firm for many years. I no longer have the pride, or the belief.

Advice to Management

Like TrueAction down the block, GSI needs a complete change at the top. There's really no advice that I can provide to the current management, except this: resign for the good of the department and the company.