eBay Enterprise - “just a sweat shop these days - there's no fun around the place any longer” | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for eBay Enterprise

"“just a sweat shop these days - there's no fun around the place any longer”"

I worked at eBay Enterprise (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, ok salary. You will have an opportunity to learn much about software engineering.

Cons

After almost 6 years at this company I believe I have worked here long enough to understand the trajectory of its culture, its people and its identity. And I can honestly say that the environment now is as toxic and destructive as I have ever seen it.
To put the problem in the simplest terms, the interests of the client continue to be sidelined in the way the firm operates and thinks about making money. The firm has veered so far from the place I joined right out of college that I can no longer in good conscience say that I identify with what it stands for.
It might sound surprising, but culture was always a vital part of GSI’s success. It revolved around teamwork, integrity, a spirit of humility, and always doing right by our clients. The culture was the secret sauce that made this place great and allowed us to earn our clients’ trust. It had something to do with pride and belief in the organization. I am sad to say that I look around today and see virtually no trace of the culture that made me love working for this firm for many years. I no longer have the pride, or the belief.

Advice to Management

Like TrueAction down the block, GSI needs a complete change at the top. There's really no advice that I can provide to the current management, except this: resign for the good of the department and the company.

Other Employee Reviews for eBay Enterprise

1. "Incompetent managers with bad attitudes"

Pros

cheap snacks. That is it. Cheap snacks. This web site is telling me that I need to put at least 5 words. There was nothing positive about this company that gets rid of talent and promotes buffoons. Cheap snacks.

Cons

Horrible place to work. Directors and managers are unqualified and promote other unqualified employees that are willing to kiss up to them. It says it all when universally the only positive thing people can say about this place is that it has cheap snacks. I've heard that as one or two of the few competent people have left or been forced out, the directors have once again promoted a few individuals that they know are willing to kiss up.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves and put people in that are qualified to manage. I wouldn't let anyone at that company that has anyone actually reporting to them manage a Kentucky Fried Chicken. That is actually very derogatory to KFC, however, if you replaced anyone with the title of "manager" or "director" with someone from KFC, the KFC employee would do a better job.

2. "Worst company EVER"

Former Employee - Customer Services Advisor in Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Customer Services Advisor in Manchester, England (UK)

I worked at eBay Enterprise (Less than a year)

Pros

Cheap hot chocolate - god forbid you want 1 during your shift though!

Cons

Turn up to your shift to be told not enough work go home - this happened 3 days in a row meaning 3 days unpaid.