eBay - ebay is cool | Glassdoor

"ebay is cool"

Former Employee - Information Security Engineer in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Information Security Engineer in San Jose, CA

Pros

cool place to work with. Great people with great minds.
No work pressure. Understanding and caring employees. ebay takes care of its employees the most. So a fun and a challenging place to work in. Communication is good. Compensation and benefits are good. Employee morale is awesome. Recognition and feedback is ok. Work/Life balance is the best I have experienced. Respect for all employees. Not many layoffs. very secure and stable company.

Cons

Well, I guess there is not much career growth. Lot of people in the same job band, where as very very few at the top or higher management level.

Advice to Management

Well, I guess pressure must be induced in projects. Slack deadlines must not be tolerated.

Other Employee Reviews for eBay

1. "eBay Good for Some Levels"

Former Employee - Product Management Director in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Product Management Director in San Jose, CA

Pros

As both someone who has been promoted and promoted others, I've found that good folks get promoted up to a certain level based on the merits of their work. eBay obviously has nice facilities, cafeteria and all that. And I personally love the mission of PayPal, the branch I work for -- to be a global currency.

Cons

Once you're promoted past a certain level, promotions tend to be much more political. Probably not something exclusive to eBay, but it's not a great thing to experience. Also, frequently, someone of questionable merit gets promoted and that compromises the integrity of the process. Warring factions sometime create lack of role clarity which leads to a tremendous waste of time, time that could be spent on moving the business forward. Lastly, there's a significant trend toward "alpha male" executives which feeds the "warring factions" feeling.

Advice to Management

Let me think about this more.

2. "eBay from a former product manager"

Current Employee - Group Product Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Group Product Manager in San Jose, CA

Pros

Touch users directly in a very personal and meaningful way. The employees are good people too.

Cons

Business is not doing well, so lack of financial upside and low morale.

Advice to Management

Need the company to start winning again. Bet big and bet aggressively.