eBay - The best one yet. | Glassdoor

"The best one yet."

Current Employee - BSR Customer Solutions in Draper, UT
Current Employee - BSR Customer Solutions in Draper, UT

I have been working at eBay part-time (More than a year)

Pros

eBay is one of the MOST comfortable environments I have ever worked in. Aside from my peers, who take phone calls and emails, being the most lighthearted and pleasant people I've known in a business, the management and upper management are relaxed and approachable. I don't ever sweat bullets when the department manager asks me to see him at his desk or in the conference room. But what blew me away the most, was that the President of Global Customer Service himself shook my hand and congratulated me on the work I had done. This company is NOT afraid to recognize the achievements of their employees.

Cons

Honestly, the work itself is difficult sometimes. But that's it. I With the pro's of the job, I never go in resenting work.

Other Employee Reviews for eBay

"Customer Relations MAnager"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at eBay full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. There is nothing exceptional about ebay. The benefits are same as most other firms or less in some case.

Cons

Greedy, hard to move up. Very little opportunities for advancements. Long hours , uncertain future of the firm. Several people have left in the last couple that I have been here. Bad management and strategy. Firm has no other strategy of advancement other than squeezing everything from employees and its customers

Advice to Management

Greed does not equate to success

"Enjoy the People and Culture, Brace yourself for change"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at eBay full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people, the company evolution, the opportunities (as long as you have self-initiative), great leadership with a sharp and compelling vision. There is some great talent at eBay to learn from, especially if you are more junior. Leaders are also relatively accessible which is nice.

Cons

Difficult to execute, team consensus culture which prevents accountability, sometimes duplicity in roles. The only thing constant at eBay is change, so you must be ready for and embrace that type of environment.

Advice to Management

More development/career development supporting programs. Initiative owners to drive decisions and make it easier to execute