eBay - Senior management seems to genuinely care about employee welfare | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for eBay

"Senior management seems to genuinely care about employee welfare"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Project Manager in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Senior Marketing Project Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at eBay full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people - smart, talented, focused
After some hard times, the company is again on a positive trajectory
Company tries hard to make employees happy

Cons

There aren't enough resources to get done all that needs to get done - some projects pushed out two years or more
The business model of the company is limiting
There is a great deal of affection for the "old" eBay that it's going to be hard to change that mindset

Advice to Management

Get feedback from employees, not just VPs and Directors

Other Employee Reviews for eBay

"Poor management"

Former Employee - Code Monkey in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Code Monkey in San Jose, CA

I worked at eBay full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place for management trainees (sucks for developers).
    Most teams have no work or too much work.
    Big company.
    Get to meet all shades of characters.

Cons

In 14 years of IT I have never come across more egotistical management. Managers have no clue what they are talking about and you being a slave have no authority to question them. Top it off with really bad office politics. As one manager from Google once told me they have very little respect for developers with Ebay on their resume.

You start each day thinking it could not get any worse and then the "smart" manager just raises the stupidity bar to a whole new level. I can barely control my laughter thinking about what all I have seen and heard.

Need proof? Most of the good reviews on Glassdoor are all from managers (this is a management hell hole if you know what I am saying ;) ).

This is the first time in my life that I have really felt the urge to write a review. A very well deserved review.

Advice to Management

Fire 80% of clueless managers.

"The best one yet."

Current Employee - BSR Customer Solutions in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - BSR Customer Solutions in Draper, UT

I have been working at eBay part-time (More than a year)

Pros

eBay is one of the MOST comfortable environments I have ever worked in. Aside from my peers, who take phone calls and emails, being the most lighthearted and pleasant people I've known in a business, the management and upper management are relaxed and approachable. I don't ever sweat bullets when the department manager asks me to see him at his desk or in the conference room. But what blew me away the most, was that the President of Global Customer Service himself shook my hand and congratulated me on the work I had done. This company is NOT afraid to recognize the achievements of their employees.

Cons

Honestly, the work itself is difficult sometimes. But that's it. I With the pro's of the job, I never go in resenting work.