eBay - eBay is going through real technology turnaround | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for eBay

"eBay is going through real technology turnaround"

Current Employee - Search Product Management in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Search Product Management in San Jose, CA

I have been working at eBay full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with eBay for quite some time now and can honestly tell that eBay has been through real technology turnaround in the last 3-4 years, it started by hiring new management team and it’s now affecting the individual contributor level. I grew up in this company’s product management org, and while only few years ago product management was about pitching for budget through ppt presentations and celebrating project approvals, now days it’s about collaborating with the engineering team, delivering a product, measuring success and celebrating our business impact.
eBay marketplaces, and search in particular, is one of those places where you actually work on the core product and affect millions of users with every product change, we truly move the business needle and drive the company growth (check our stock price in the past 2 years!), and eventually, the true leaders of the organization, whether they are new employees or folks who’ve been around (like me) get recognized & compensated accordingly.
The company is really focused on hiring great new talents; I can truly say the team becomes better every year.

Cons

Change is hard for many employees with the competition out there we sometime lose the leading talents.
Like in any other big company, a lot of “low/average” performing employees are still around.

Advice to Management

Continue with the current direction, focusing on the core eBay product.
We’re now in a place where we can take bigger steps forward even when it comes to taking more risks.

Other Employee Reviews for eBay

"Interesting opportunities, but internal politics frustrate progress"

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at eBay full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting high-scale global marketing, business, and product challenges to work on.
    Strong balance sheet and willingness to invest in internal and external growth.
    Reasonable compensation and benefits.

Cons

Management politics at all levels between and within groups gets in the way of progress.
    Cumbersome internal planning and decision processes that senior management override in the end anyway.
    Poor continuity in resourcing programs and products.
    Individual contributors treated as expendable resources.

Advice to Management

Work as a team instead of competing with each other for recognition and advancement.

"Fattening. But exciting."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative III in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative III in Draper, UT

I worked at eBay full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free drinks, seemed like there was some sort of food provided a few times a month, plenty of career opportunities, stock options, education benefits, great pay

Cons

When I left, it seemed there was more of a focus on how many calls/emails you could handle and less on quality of the work/doing the right thing.