eBay - eBay | Glassdoor

"eBay"

Current Employee - Training Coordinator in Draper, UT
Current Employee - Training Coordinator in Draper, UT

Pros

The culture that management creates is a very comfortable and relaxed place. The mangement has always encouraged me to promote myself and therefore I have been promoted 3 times in less than 2 years.

Cons

There are always a lot of changes on the site, they are for the better, but its hard to keep up sometimes.

Advice to Management

None, I really enjoy working at eBay!!

Other Employee Reviews for eBay

"Good for your resume, bad for your ego."

Former Employee - Product Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in San Jose, CA

Pros

Lots of smart people, good place to gain skills, learn from others. But mostly? Good to have on your resume; It impresses people!

Cons

Great place to be if you want to be stabbed in the back, feel like part of the cattle call. There are some very nice people, but overall, it's a cut-throat, antagonistic, environment where most hate their jobs and just stay until their stock vests.

Advice to Management

Hire people that care about people and it will trickle down. That means, it starts with YOU. Understand the necessity of people having to take care of themselves, have a life and balance outside of work. Be flexible with schedules and expectations.

"eBay is still a great place to work, if you can deal with the challenges."

Current Employee - Category Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Category Manager in San Jose, CA

Pros

Smart, motivated, talented, passionate high caliber people. Decent work life balance (although that is rapidly deteriorating in my particular department). Multiple opportunities to work on very interesting things.

Cons

eBay has some very poor quality people managers in the middle that can destroy morale. Promotions and recognition are not always handed out fairly. Turnover is very high (always has been) so there is no institutional memory. The culture can be very passive aggressive. Stock options are basically worthless.

Advice to Management

Don't forget the people who got us to where we are today like the casual seller that knows the long tail inventory, or the employee who has the institutional knowledge in his/her head.