eBay - Great place to work and make an impact | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for eBay

"Great place to work and make an impact"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist (Sourcer) in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist (Sourcer) in San Jose, CA

I have been working at eBay full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Personal Perspective:
- Flexible work hours (ability to work from home in many groups),
- They sincerely care about employee welfare (we have groups dedicated to work/life balance and other welfare related areas),
- Emphasis on mentoring and training (my team has weekly meetings dedicated to furthering our knowledge),

Work Perspective:
- Challenging/stimulating projects to work on (every time I meet with a manager I get even more excited about where our platform is going),
- Intelligent co-workers (I have learned much from my teammates),
- Entrepreneurial spirit and innovative (we have innovation challenges, skunkworks projects always going on, and promote a collaborative environment where people are not afraid to voice their opinions),
- We are a customer focused company (in fact all of the new projects I am hiring for are to better the customers experience),
- The managers I support including my immediate management is encouraging and provide the right amount of assistance without becoming a micro manager.
- Ability to impact the company - working here you have many opportunities to impact the company as we are still very startup like on the inside - not many processes or procedures to impede you.

Our company is always encouraging us to get out in the community and volunteer.

Cons

As a recruiter/sourcer our internal systems can be better - right now they are pretty clunky. However we do have a team developing a new ATS for us to use.

As a remote employee it would be nice to visit the office at least twice a year. In 2 years I have been able to visit the main campus twice.

In the sourcer chair the only career growth I have is to move into a manager or recruiter role (neither of which I want). With that being said there is not much career growth in my role. I know my management is working on improving this and feel confident it will improve.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are to promote a great culture, work/life balance and entrepreneurial spirit.

Improve the internal tools we use, allow remote employees to visit the office more frequently and provide opportunities for those who like to be individual contributors to move up the pay ladder.

Other Employee Reviews for eBay

1. "Good place but fragile"

Former Contractor - Front End Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Contractor - Front End Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at eBay as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Technically sound teams, pay good, good talent

Cons

Business fragile products. Ebay is not doing great except their niche domain. So their decisions are very very profit driven. They hire fire people quickly than any other company of their stature

2. "Great place to work, very employee focused"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Draper, UT

I have been working at eBay full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing benefits, feel like they actually care about your happiness.

Cons

Very hard to promote, they have an odd view of what is "good" for a candidate. Your resume is secondary to a 15 minute interview that does not accurately depict your job skills

Advice to Management

Stop being so weird with promoting internally. Resumes are next to useless, tis all interview which does not reflect everything about a persons abilites.