eBay - Great co-workers, high importance placed on where you got your MBA than ability | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for eBay

"Great co-workers, high importance placed on where you got your MBA than ability"

Current Contractor - Business Development Contractor in Campbell, CA
Current Contractor - Business Development Contractor in Campbell, CA

I have been working at eBay as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, relaxed business hours, fun atmosphere and very convenient location.

Cons

Managers can be bad "people persons". A lot of importance is placed on getting business degrees from a large.

Other Employee Reviews for eBay

"Good place to work, great compensation, people could be nicer"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at eBay full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good company with great leadership. John Donahoe is the unsung hero of SV. The compensation is good and they are generous with Restricted Stock Units. Nice work environment.

Cons

People could be nicer. It can be a tense work environment with lots of stressed out people snapping at each other.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, you are moving in the right direction. I would love to see some of our long term projects come to fruition, I'm tired of my friends asking me when the digital wallet is coming.

2. "Great company, yet big, with all that it entails"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at eBay full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Top-notch people. Enormous scale of operations. Attention to detail and operational excellence very much appreciated. Excellent project management and resource planning. Advanced technology. Adequate work-life balance. Competitive pay. Good, conveniently located offices. Somewhat flexible work schedule.

Cons

Rather strict top-down management. Natural conservatism due to the nature of the company business and scale of operations. Cyclical demand for engineering talent driven by "big bang" business initiatives. Highly political environment, natural for a large hierarchical organization. Consulting companies sometimes distorting the company culture by caring less than permanent employees about the long-term business consequences of their decisions.