eBay - Appeals Specialist | Glassdoor

"Appeals Specialist"

Former Employee - Embg Appeals in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Embg Appeals in Austin, TX

I worked at eBay full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ebay as a company is awesome, benefits from the first day.

Cons

They really did not inform us of how awful of a job it would be. Customers yell and scream all day. Insults, threats by customers, extremely long calls of people whining and complaining about Ebay's inefficiency.

Advice to Management

Get your "policies" straight. Set a specific time to where a call can be disconnected if a customer is rambling non sense.

Other Employee Reviews for eBay

"Best internship experience ever!"

Former Intern - Public Relations Intern in San Jose, CA
    Former Intern - Public Relations Intern in San Jose, CA

I worked at eBay as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Interning at eBay, Inc. was awesome. My manager and I were focused on mobile, so I was fortunate to get to work with people across a variety of departments and subsets (like Motors and Fashion), as well as subsidiaries (Milo, RedLaser). I felt appreciated, guided, and really like I was a part of the team. Office culture is fantastic, as was the program for undergraduate interns, which included "Bagel Wednesdays" (always a plus), mini-summits with John Donahoe and other executives, and, a very competitive salary.

Cons

Seriously, nothing. eBay is the best!

Advice to Management

I was really fortunate to have an accessible manager who made sure to have bi-monthly meetings with me regarding my progress in the internship, always included me in meetings and projects when she could, and was overall very constructive and supportive, though I knew of other interns who had much less supportive experiences. There were even two interns whose manager was abroad for the summer! They never got to meet their manager, and the 9-hour time difference proved very challenging to them in getting tasks done in a timely manner.

2. "Had a great experience working here"

Current Employee - Customer Solutions Agent in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Solutions Agent in Draper, UT

I have been working at eBay full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment was really great and so were the people working there. There are so many opportunities for advancing in the company and it is also encouraged. Great company to work for.

Cons

Haven't encountered any in my time there.