eBay - Best internship I have ever had | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for eBay

"Best internship I have ever had"

Former Intern - Intern in San Jose, CA
Former Intern - Intern in San Jose, CA

I worked at eBay as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

As an intern, they treated me like an employee which was amazing. You do not do side projects that have no consequences while interning at eBay. Instead, you get to work on real projects that will be implemented. I was working with top executives (as well as the CEO) which you would never expect from an internship. I doubt I would have been able to have this level of impact or freedom at any other company.

The company is shifting entirely and really moving in the right direction. After losing the old CEO, Meg Whitman, the company has been making great moves with John Donahoe

Cons

I really can't say there are many cons. They try so hard to give you a great experience and you are treated like one of the employees.

Advice to Management

People love John Donahoe and they are really pleased with the hiring of R.J. Pittman. The company is moving in the right direction and is really dedicated to innovating and changing the game. Keep it up!

Other Employee Reviews for eBay

1. "eBay Austin culture and work environment review."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at eBay full-time

Pros

- Lots of camaraderie between all teams - Enterprise, PayPal, Magento, Inc. GCX, etc. Since this is a satellite office, cross-functional teams and business units work well together.
    - Millennials keep the atmosphere fun.
    - Strong benefits and good stock purchase plan.

Cons

- Very limited upward mobility. Growth jobs (Director level+) are in San Jose and west coast positions.
    - Good entry level positions, stagnant for middle-management wanting career growth in Austin.

2. "Great company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at eBay full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working for ebay for quite some time and it's a great place to work on. you get a chance to work latest technologies and the projects/area that interests you. Ebay also pays competitive salaryand other benefits.

Cons

Promotion is little tricky to get in the ebay . It takes 3-4 years for you to go to next level.

Advice to Management

There are lot of redundancy of projects (different team trying to do the same thing). so i would recommend to fix that so that company can focus on newer initiative.