eBioscience - Review | Glassdoor

"Review"

Pros

They have many products to sell to the public and are doing financially o.k.
There is flexibility with your work schedule depending on your boss and position.
Monthly lunches.

Cons

Basically they hire people below what there really worth and it is very difficult to get Promoted or Recognized. They also hire a lot of young people (cheap pay). Many people don't care and just do their job half--- because there paid cheap! The building and used equipment always has PROBLEMS! Difficult to get I.T help!

Advice to Management

Invest in your People by paying them a "Competitive Wage". Promote more people and offer your Employees Incentives like Stock Options. Invest in new Equipment!
Be approachable and friendly! Have an Anonymous Suggestion Box and an Open Door Policy!

Other Employee Reviews for eBioscience

1. "Good potential, needs serious weeding"

Current Employee - Research Associate in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Research Associate in San Diego, CA

I have been working at eBioscience full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are warm and scientists are smart and helpful, making it nice to work laterally in R&D. The company allows entry-level candidates to get a lot of great experience even if you are lacking which is great for a good learning curve. The benefit of the company being small is flexibility in trying out different departments and offering a helping hand can often gain you new skills. Casual environment with work/life balance. They drastically cut our free food events/celebrations but they're slowly bringing them back.
    Balance of people who have worked here for a very long time and people who are here for about 2-3 yrs as a stepping stone. I had other offers from a bigger company, I chose this for the amount of experience I would gain.
    401k matching, good health benefits, reasonable monthly gym membership reimbursement. Annual beer brewing competition. Growing company esp after Affymetrix take-over and outlook is great!

Cons

This is an update to a review a year ago. Many people were simply around long enough and spoke with confidence leading to the promotion to "supervisors" of some of the most underqualified and unprofessional people. It's a joke now, as the company has grown and it is hard to fix this situation. The company needs to establish firm qualification grounds on which a person can be chosen as a professional leader. Human resources is unhelpful and has to be asked for every concern rather than being an actual "resource". I've had better help from HR as a candidate at other companies, forget as an employee.
    VERY low pay for the industry, doable but a GUARANTEED factor in why anyone leaves the company, otherwise the culture is comfortable.

Advice to Management

I am updating genuinely because though several people are incompetent, the future looks promising as a lot of that crowd is being cleared. These people give an otherwise 90% majority of people, who work very hard, a very bad rep. Management needs to do housekeeping and at least get rid of squatter employees and use the savings to pay your valuable ones more. There is no reason a tech level employee should be making the same as a Ph.D just because they were there longer, and esp if they're not doing their job. There's a reason you lose quality people and no amount of town hall meetings about "career conversations" is going to convince people to stay. Reward good work and make bad work unacceptable. Reaping the fruit of our hard work with no tangible reward is NOT OK.

People: If you are looking at openings please apply! We need the fresh blood and creative spirit to wash out the old. Don't be discouraged by reviews as the outlook is definitely much better.

eBioscience Response

Apr 16, 2015 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns, it was nice to learn that you are a dedicated employee with strong feelings regarding the company’s success. It is disconcerting to ... More

"poor underqualified leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at eBioscience full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some good people there. Free soda

Cons

Departments don't get along, a lot of supervisors and directors who aren't qualified for their titles.

Advice to Management

Look out for a mass exodus, I know several qualified people who are interviewing