eClinicalWorks - A very positive experience with tremendous options to succeed and grow with the company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for eClinicalWorks

"A very positive experience with tremendous options to succeed and grow with the company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

Pros

A fast paced company.. With very agile management not having to go to board meeting to make decisions... A market leader and trendsetter... Great benefits .. Great place to work hard and grow within the company.

Cons

Considering the industry we are in , it's sometimes hard to keep up with the change..it's also not very easy to bring in changes within the company.

Advice to Management

Appreciation of employees builds the morale and the zeal to work harder increases. you should do that in Eclinicalworks. Girish is one of the best mentors/ leaders/bosses all in one

Other Employee Reviews for eClinicalWorks

"My experience working with eCW has been an extremely pleasurable and positive experience."

Current Employee - Product Manager in Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Westborough, MA

Pros

eCW has the industry leading product, they empower their employees, they are flexible with personal life, I have never been treated as though I am below management or less important than others, Girish is extremely positive and builds me up.

Cons

Not much opportunity to advance in company as it is a flat company (which I feel comes with pros and cons), there is a lack of communication between departments at times, lack of accountability amongst certain employees, and loose roles with loose authority leads to challenging situations. Many times I am responsible to perform certain tasks but those tasks rely on others contributing as well. However, I do not have appointed or explicit authority to task the appropriate person to complete an action in which the project or goal relies on, therefore at times I find myself unable to perform the task despite the fact that it is my responsibility to complete it.

Advice to Management

I could not be happier with another company, although I would like to see some changes especially in the areas of accountability and more appointed authority to ensure that I can accomplish my job to the best of my ability. Without appointed authority in Product Management, others do not feel as thought they are required to listen or perform what the product manager is asking. As a result it causes a lot of hard work to go to waist because in the end it does not get completed past the product managers actions. Secondly, I feel as though some of the team leads have been appointed based on seniority rather than merit or ability to actually lead a team.

On a positive note, I do appreciate that eCW management has not adopted a micro management style in the departments I have worked in. I do feel as though certain employees need to be monitored more closely to ensure they are performing their job productively and well, although someone like myself is actually hindered by this type of management style. I appreciate that eCW has enough confidence in me to allow me to perform my job without looking over my shoulder all the time and trusts that I will perform to the best of my ability all the time. This actually makes me feel even more accountable for my actions and entices me to work harder to succeed rather than the mind frame that I need to work hard to not get "in trouble". Should I make a mistake or not succeed at a task or project, I am not the type of employee that needs to be openly chastised or confronted, as I will openly take responsibility for the mistake, learn from it and make sure it does not happen again without management's intervention. I do see that some employees are not like that so balancing this must be challenging.

"A great team striving for great success on the front lines of a new technology."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

Pros

Privately-held company. Great technology in a fantastic market. Good collaboration between departments and individuals. Good team environment with a start-up feel. Strategic vision for product and push to market has a "cutting edge" feel. Upper management is approachable and friendly.

Cons

Although collaboration between departments is strong, it could be stronger; however this is likely just growing pains. Also, some office technology (hardware) needs to be updated/upgraded.

Advice to Management

One of the best aspects of eClinicalWorks is that it is privately-held. All too often we see great companies with even greater vision succumb to the wishes of Wall Street, at the interest of preserving a stock price. Management's desire and ability to hold this company private and manage the product instead of public opinion will go a long way to ensure we stay agile and successful in the future.