edX - Test engineering at edX | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for edX

"Test engineering at edX"

I worked at edX (Less than a year)

Pros

High quality free lunch every day
Working with friendly, helpful people. One coworker offered to lend a book about Git.
Good for students to become familiar with a real-world development situation

Cons

As a temporary worker, I didn't have the opportunity to feel a part of the company. For example, there was a weekly company meeting that we didn't attend.
I wasn't familiarized with the entire structure of the edX website which the organization was working on.

Advice to Management

I think it's a good idea to give people a better overview.

edX Response

Oct 21, 2014 – Manager, HR

At edX we strive to ensure everyone feels welcome and part of the organization. The weekly meetings are open to all edX employees regardless of employment status. We have sent out weekly invites to ... More

Other Employee Reviews for edX

"Crazy how much this place is growing"

I have been working at edX full-time

Pros

Best lunch program ever. Oh and also we're working on some cool stuff. Awesome mission, incredible partner base. A bunch of new people started this week, seems like the office is really filling up quick. I have pretty good flexibility and the money is good.

Cons

Pretty difficult to get conference room space. My team doesn't do much work from home, we could definitely stand to get better at that. But some teams do more than we do so it seems to be manager based.

2. "Software engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at edX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hour, good benefits, free lunch, snacks, 401k match, social events. You will receive MIT employee benefits. That is all.

Cons

Stagnant career advancement, poor project management as product owner and scrum master have to share project management hat. Leadership team can't execute well and fast. Culture is below average.

Advice to Management

Care more about all employees and listen to their voice. Not just throwing money for culture labs. Continuous feedback is a waste of time and money.