eharmony - Great People and Company Growth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for eharmony

"Great People and Company Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at eharmony full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One thing I've noticed on our team is that eHarmony takes the time to hire the right people. Since it's a highly collaborative environment with even our VPs sitting out on the floor with us, it's important to find people who fit our team and company culture. That's primarily the reason why I love coming into work everyday.

The brand is expanding into different avenues, which is exciting. It shows we're growing and being creative, going beyond what eHarmony has been known for-- online dating and classic couple commercials. The design, image and marketing of eHarmony has been completely renovated within the last couple of years. The website and all social media platforms are fun and easy to view and use. The company itself has experienced a complete turnaround from prior years. The management team is probably the best I've seen within my experience working in corporate. We have biweekly meetings open to all employees that update everyone on what every department is working on. We're always on the same page in that way. The open door policy helps too. This is a big brand company that has managed to keep a family feel.

Work-life balance is great, they have all kinds of events that encourage us to invite our family. They have nice perks too. I haven't used their bikes to go to the beach yet but it's on my to-do list for lunch hour someday.

Cons

HMO Insurance is covered by company. If you want PPO though, the employee contribution rates are pretty high compared to my previous employers.

eharmony Response

Oct 3, 2014 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for acknowledging our recruiting department, as I know they really work hard to find people who will be a great fit for our company. An open door policy is something I strongly believe in... More

Other Employee Reviews for eharmony

"It was okay"

I worked at eharmony full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Great talents. Very fun product. Always a conversation starter with new (and sometimes old) friends. And they had a free shuttle for people who lived near Pasadena, CA (office is in Santa Monica)

Cons

Not easy to introduce new ideas and innovation to their way of doing things. Many of their teams (Tech, Product, Risk and Marketing) went through a lot of recent changes and turnovers. By the time I quit, a lot of people were leaving due to poor management.

Advice to Management

Commonsense. Flexibility. Encourage a trust based work environment. Give your talents the tools and freedom to excel in their roles instead of imposing limitations and micromanaging them.

2. "intern"

Former Intern - Software Engineer Intern in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Intern - Software Engineer Intern in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at eharmony as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

relaxed culture. decent in-ofice perks. The work was satisfying, and was rewarding in a "fun field". To see that ones work could have so much impact was meaningful.
    The session with customer care representatives was very interesting and insightful, and also humbling.

Cons

none as such. Some teams sat in close proximity to customer care. usually the noise from their phone calls was very distracting. I agree it is not their mistake, but the seating arrangement should be redesigned in the future.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work