everis - A Rewarding Experience | Glassdoor

"A Rewarding Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at everis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to succeed - The career model is built in a way that those who strive to meet/exceed the marks and expectations set out for them will excel within the organization. everis will reward you for the effort you put in, and not the effort you don't.
Benefits - Insurance/Health&Lifestyle/Vacation//401k Matching exceed most other US firms.
Stock Incentive - every employee is an owner of the company!

Cons

Growing Pains - Treated as a 'start-up' everis USA is in a critical period of its adolescence. Few major clients and a lack of ability to move about projects/offices is a small concern for those who are forward looking.

Advice to Management

everis' success story reaches far beyond Spain but throughout Europe and Latin America. Take what has worked in the past, adapt to the US environment and hire people who share the same vision, have a common goal and want to be a part of everis' success story here in the US.

Sky is the limit for everis USA!

Other Employee Reviews for everis

"Hostile work environment, poor management"

Former Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at everis full-time

Pros

Medical benefits are good. It is really hard to describe any additional pros.

Cons

Management, poor work life balance, poor pay and treatment to employees.

Advice to Management

Whit the current management model good employees and good team members will leave the company. Remember the biggest asset of the company are the employees.

"Disrespectful, biased, hostile work environment. Don't fall for the Dream..."

Former Employee - IT Consultant/Cobol Developer/Java Developer in Birmingham, AL

I worked at everis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

401k matching
    Gym Reimbursement
    Unlimited Time Paid Off- But never taken because of long hours worked

Cons

Disrespectful Managers

No training- was told training would be provided. I was placed in several projects without former training and blamed for the failure of projects with BBVA compass.

False Annual Evaluations- Don't expect to receive a raise or promotion within your first year with everis. I performed beyond my job description and was told that I did not perform. This company has different standards than americans. They feel as though you are
    lazy if you leave at 5 or 6pm everyday.

No work-life balance- I worked on average 16 hours a day with no time to see my family or kids.
    I worked in a small room within the location and several employees were getting sick everyday. The mexican everis employees were not allowed to take lunch breaks.

Soccer Season= No work perfomed by Spanish Employees. I waited several hours for spanish employees to return from lunch. They usually left at 1pm and did not return until 4pm. Drinking at lunchtime was the standard at this job.

No confidentiality with HR- Anything you complain about to HR will get back to Senior Management, with your name. This caused strife and tension in the office.

Cursing of employees and discriminatory remarks- I overheard and heard several times profanity used in the office about employees that were lacking in performance (due to no training)

The Senior Management did not respect men with everis usa that were younger and of a different race

This company likes you only if you shut up and put out. You are not looked upon favorably if you speak up for yourself or others. If you are a female, you will have to wear tight clothes and show skin to be respected. You will have to laugh in senior managements' faces to gain respect.
    If you do not attend parties with the management staff you will not be respected.

Non-Equal Pay- In the beginning, the company says that everyone knows everyone's salary. This is untrue. This company still receives extra money for expenses.

Young Employees- You will be talked down to and looked upon as lady. Save yourself the time and find a real job with a reputable company. They will treat you as a friend at first, but beware....

Advice to Management

You can not hire inexperienced workers, promise training, use colleges for recruiting, and damage their lives. Take care of your employees and they will take care of you. The correct way to run a company is to be honest and open. Not the fake honesty that was portrayed when I was an employee .