ezStorage - Horrible they will use you | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ezStorage

"Horrible they will use you"

Former Employee - Resident Manager
Former Employee - Resident Manager

Pros

They do have some very nice onsite apartments that are included if you are a resident manager.

Cons

They do not care about their staff. We spent several years working for the company and was never praised for our hard work and dedication. We had a spotless track record no write ups ect. They refuse to promote from within despite what you may be told upfront. They are under investigation by the US Department of Labor for nonpayment of overtime and they are being sued. The work you must preform doesn't match the pay and stress.

Other Employee Reviews for ezStorage

1. "Best storage company in the industry"

Former Employee - Manager in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Manager in Columbia, MD

I worked at ezStorage full-time

Pros

Great place to work, good benefits, two company parties a year, great apartment for resident managers; never missed an annual pay increase.

Cons

Rigid time clock!! No longer take whatever time necessary to meet unusual customer needs. District Managers have little flexibility - controlled by VP sales.

Advice to Management

Get more feedback from your frontline managers - they see what is happening in their area - and they know their customer best.

"Steer Clear for Many Reasons!"

Former Employee - Relief Manager in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Relief Manager in Columbia, MD

I worked at ezStorage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Resident Managers are given a "free" apartment to live at on site. Company also gives yearly raises and holiday bonuses.

Cons

Work hours are 8:30am-6pm every day of the week. They are open 7 days a week and holidays. District Managers are rude and over-obsessive considering all that the job requires. Cleaning is almost in-humane, they want everything to be unreasonably clean with very harsh smelling chemicals we are to use everyday. The corporate managers are clueless as to how the employees are treated. They say they have in-house opportunities to move up and advance in their company, yet the district managers get offended when you ask to apply for a different position. Buildings are unsafe for most workers and badly lit inside. With only 2 workers on duty at a time there is always someone going through the building by there self, while the other must man the office. If there is a crime that happens at your building site you are blamed like you are the actual criminal. The camera systems do not show all areas of the building and they are always blanking out.

Advice to Management

Switch places with your building workers for a day and see all of the overwhelming things we are required to do or not receive our bonuses, vacation, etc. Many of you are under-educated and could use some training on how to be more personable. It is not all about the numbers everyday, employees and people matter as well.