gloProfessional - Good sales people can make a great living at glo! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for gloProfessional

"Good sales people can make a great living at glo!"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at gloProfessional full-time

Pros

glo has great tools (database) to track your clients and purchases. I like that I work independently the majority of the time. I am able to get management support when I need it. glo offers a variety of great quality products. Flexibility of client choice and that variety make it very easy to open accounts and do well. glo offers clients great retail support and rewards. I find my manager to be experienced and able to offer suggestions. A great balance to have in a manager. I opt to stay with glo because they do offer a small salary, competitive commission rates and a car allowance along with reimbursement of expenses for travel in a large territory.

Cons

glo is no different than anyone else, they want results from the sales team. Give them the results or they give you more "supervision and guidance" than you might want. I find this to be an industry standard. If you are looking for a company car, an expense account and designated office time this isn't the place for you. I find the paperwork involved with this and any sales job to be a "con". While I love the database, maintaining it takes time; often more than I am willing to give. At the end of every day, this is still a great job.

Advice to Management

Keep the great product development coming. The opportunities to make good commissions and offer great products to clients is what keeps a good sales force. I think you are on the right track.

Other Employee Reviews for gloProfessional

"Great for Sales Experence to Use with a Better Company"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant

Pros

You obtain sales experience for your resume, as well as numbers to document your successes to other companies. You also receive warehouse, customer service, product research and develment experience (this can be looked at as a pro or con, I suppose). This job also gives you the opportunity to network with others in the same field of work.

Cons

You are not compensated for the work you do. They have a very low pay rate. Most of the sales consultants had other side jobs in order to cover expenses. glo requires you to pay any expenses up front and get reimbursed. They also do not reimburse you for gas. This can be detrimental is you have a large territory. They do not provide a car, only a very small monthly allowance that is meant to cover office supply expenses, wear and tear on your car, insurance costs, etc. It does not cover all of these expenses. Be aware that you will have a large out of pocket expense for this position.
    glo also does not give office days or hours. You are required to be on the road prospecting and visiting accounts 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. But they do require your sales notes are in by the end of the day. Be prepared to work until 11pm to meet their requirements.
    They have an extrememely high turnover. This is proof enough that it is not a company to stay with long term.

Advice to Management

Look at retaining your employees and compensating them what they are worth. glo's business would grow exponentially if you could only keep your sales force. Accounts get frustrated when they have a new consultant every 6 months to a year and venture to a new line that is more stable.
    Words of encourage and praise are helpful as well. Sales professionals do not respond well to intimadation style management. The CEO should be more involved. I believe he has the ability to lead a very successful company, but he trusts others to run the show. Unfortanately, they are running the company into the ground in many ways.

gloProfessional Response

Feb 28, 2013 – Corporate Recruiter

gloProfessional offers $600.00 per month for gas and car allowance, a corporate cell phone and laptop effective last year 10.2012. Our compensation structure is lucrative as we offer a base... More

"Growing Pains to Advance"

I worked at gloProfessional full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent skincare and beauty products
    Company is moving in a positive direction
    New management has a plethora of knowledge and experience
    Gorgeous new packaging

Cons

Change is inevitable and it is certainly happening at Glo. The company is moving forward by aligning and implementing normal protocols and procedures when it comes to sales. This is hard for some people to digest but it is the norm. Going through a rebrand is a difficult task to manage. The company is doing the best they can and offering many ways to help accounts through the rebrand.

Advice to Management

While at Glo, I worked with many different executives. The new VP is taking the company to a whole new level and is great to work with and has genuine compassion and concern for the company and her team. Unfortunately, the CEO is leading by fear and is creating a very negative environment for Glo employees. Your employees are unhappy and many are checking out because of him.