hhgregg - Nightmire | Glassdoor

"Nightmire"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at hhgregg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will get exposed to all the latest. electronics and appliances.

Cons

You didn't get paid what you earned . People could return an item months after you sold it and would lose the sale to the mangers favorite.

Advice to Management

The company is completely corrupted from the ground up. You need to have a base and a fair system of pay. You also need to give access to upper mangment as the local district is completely corrupted.

Other Employee Reviews for hhgregg

1. "Its nice work if you can get it"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Crystal Lake, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Crystal Lake, IL

I have been working at hhgregg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

getting to help people find their right TV or appliance and know they will enjoy them without worry.

Cons

Long hours, standing all day, sometimes overly cut throat or intrusive sales people, lack of commitment or community from some sales people.

Advice to Management

Pull more from inside to fill management slots, getting people with experience from competitors can ease a little bit of training but there is a reason we are doing better that the other guys and bringing in people who do things 'their' way may not pan out.

2. "HH Gregg was an excellent commission based sales job in retail"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at hhgregg full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

HH Gregg offered good commission for electronics sales when I was there. They has a great President's club program and they always carried great products to sell. Several times as a top sales associate I was given the opportunity to travel to other cities and help open and sell at new store grand openings. This was always a very profitable opportunity.

Cons

Because HH Gregg is a retail electronics store you will have to work on almost all weekends, Holidays and you will put in some long hours during most weeks. When the company decided to reset the department you are often asked to do this with no compensation for it since you are a comission based sales associate. There were many times that I created the reset myself to ensure that we had the best set up to sell the products.

Advice to Management

The management at HH Gregg often will come down hard on the sales associates about selling the extended service plans. They also had a tendency to micro-manage the sales associates to the point of interferring with their sales to try and make sure that they sell the extended service plans. This would often backfire on them.