hhgregg - Overworked and poor pay and benefits | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for hhgregg

"Overworked and poor pay and benefits"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Downers Grove, IL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at hhgregg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are not required to do lot of manual labor.

Cons

Where do i start. The management team has no consistantcey. One week you follow a set of rules the next week its completely different. Certain associates get sent home for coming into work several minutes late, While others can not call in for days and suffer no consequences. You will be required to do mandatory UNPAID training in uniform every two months far from the location of the store you work at. Good luck even getting reimbursed for gas mileage. Pay is okay if you are lucky enouph to have customers. Worse job I have ever worked. Long days, working 45 hrs a week for little pay. Oh ya the health benefits are a joke too!!!!

Advice to Management

Be more proactive. Stay consistant with each employee. No special treatment. Promote from within not off the streets.

Other Employee Reviews for hhgregg

"Hard workers skipped over"

Current Employee - Warehouse Lead in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Warehouse Lead in Aurora, IL

I have been working at hhgregg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employee discount program is great.

Cons

The company propaganda states hhgregg loves to promote from within and they support employees. This is not true. I was passed over for a promotion because I was too valuable in the job I currently perform. I have been with the company for 16 months and it is rare to be able to work a full 40 hour week, even after all this time. Management keeps saying to hold on and it will get better. How long does a person have to wait? The benefits are horribly expensive. I am unable to insure my family and still have any take home pay. The turnover of warehouse staff is unbelievably high. There is no desire by management to actively try to keep current employees. The attitude of don't let the door hit you is horrible. My manager leaves early every day because he doesn't want to be there and there is no accountability for his spotty attendance. He constantly changes his schedule on a whim because something came up at home and leaves others to do his work and pick up the slack. He makes the schedule and always schedules himself off every Friday and Saturday night along with every holiday. Every other manager, supervisor, and lead has to use a formal request process to have any hope of getting a weekend off. Any hourly employees leaving early, arriving late, or missing even one day of work due to illness or emergency is an automatic detriment to your employee record. The double standard wears thin pretty quickly and causes resentment among the management staff and other employees.

Advice to Management

Stick by your mission statement and promote good employees. You will just end up losing employees if you don't take care of them.

2. "Hhgregg general manager"

Current Employee - General Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - General Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at hhgregg full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Many opportunities for career advancement

Cons

Long hours and hard work.

Advice to Management

Don't pinch pennies with customer service and labor.