hhgregg - good but hours can be crazy | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for hhgregg

"good but hours can be crazy"

Current Employee - Appliance Sales in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Appliance Sales in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at hhgregg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great money, meeting lots of people, getting to help people design their kitchens, seeing their happiness! they really do care about the customer and they do pay commission well so there is alot of money to be made. family own company and debt free you dont see that very often anymore.

Cons

hours, lack of number of managers, and lack of women in management positions, your schedule is always changing so its difficult to enjoy life and family balance. It is also hard to have a life outside of work example going with children on field trips, taking extra classes at a college.

Advice to Management

promote more women and have more mangers at each store to make it easier to locate mangers and get assistance.

Other Employee Reviews for hhgregg

"Promised diamonds, got charcoal"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at hhgregg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The discount program is AWESOME
    - Depending on the store, the staff is great to work for

Cons

- Hours are inconsistent and LONG
    - Upper management run on "do as I say, not as I do"
    - The draw system is ridiculous. I was moved from TVs to computers because I was "promised" the business was going to be crazy good there. Ended up being a total graveyard. Accrued $1800 in draw over three months.
    - The hourly staff gets almost zero respect or gratitude

Advice to Management

- Try to avoid lying to employees
    - If you want to succeed, do a better job of vetting management candidates
    - Appreciate the hourly workers. They keep the store running.

"missing me"

Current Employee - Appliance Sales in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Appliance Sales in Dayton, OH

I have been working at hhgregg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great discount unless it is already on sales under cost then you have to pay more than the customer.
    I love my co-workers.

Cons

I do not feel appreciated or that my life matters. This year we watched a video where Dennis May told us to enjoy the holidays with our families....apparently he is not aware that our holiday schedules from Thanksgiving to the first of the year is 45-63 hours a week. I don't mind hard work but I want to feel appreciated.

I often have to chase my check, meaning I often do not get paid correctly on closeout and scratch and dent pieces even when I ring it up exactley the way I am supposed to. I have to go through my commission report and make sure each ticket paid me correctly then when I find a mistake I have to go plead my case to a manager who then has to file a fileback on the Monday before payday after 11am if you or them remember. This year alone I have about $300 in filebacks none of which counted towards my draw.

Advice to Management

In the year I have been there I have seen 3 electronic managers and 3 general managers some consistency would be nice in management and policies. Better training for new managers their is no reason I should have to explain a policy or procedure to a member of management.