hhgregg - Never had such a hard time making money doing something I love. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for hhgregg

"Never had such a hard time making money doing something I love."

I have been working at hhgregg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discount on some items is great, while some items offer non existent discounts

Cons

Management cannot seem to keep their thoughts together. Having 3 managers total, and sometimes only 1 on the floor is a completely useless practice.

Any sales and special promotions come directly off of your commission at the rate paid for profit, even if there is no profit in the item. You sometimes LOSE money by selling.

Advice to Management

Figure out your plan for each manager and work on unifying a style. It is bad when you have a customer come in and they are offered one thing, then they come back the next day and another manager refuses to do the same thing for that customer. It really gives our customers a bad impression of the company.

Other Employee Reviews for hhgregg

1. "rewarding"

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at hhgregg full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Empowered, customer focus and driven.

Cons

long hours, grueling schedule, sometimes seems to forget about work'life balance

Advice to Management

take notice of associates home life

"BULLYING..."

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at hhgregg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Prices, great customer service is what seperates us from others.

Cons

Poor managment. DM likes to overlook situations severe disciplinary actions. refuses to take care of his managment and write anyone up. intimidation in the workplace from managment.

Advice to Management

GET IT TOGETHER!!! The best business you could have is if your employees are happy. If they are not happy, your not going to make HHGregg a profitable company. Listen to your associates, take the proper action, listen to your associates/department managers, they arent always getting the respect that they deserve. Respect your managers, some of them are being bullied on the job. Higher managment WONT do anything about it. If you disrespect your department manager what does that say to associates. It tells them that they can do the same thing. RESPECT, RESPECT, RESPECT!!!