hhgregg - Unless you need the money and can not find a job somewhere else do not work here. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for hhgregg

"Unless you need the money and can not find a job somewhere else do not work here."

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate
Former Employee - Warehouse Associate

I worked at hhgregg (More than a year)

Pros

Working with my fellow employees. I didn't mind the majority of the work assigned to me.

Cons

Management. I worked 2 1/2 years at the same store and went through 3 General managers. The 4th and current GM was just as bad or worse then the rest. The best manager there wasn't even a manager yet. He was a Manager in Training.

Salespeople. Most of the salespeople were very nice and I did enjoy their company but they would not always do their jobs and Warehouse and Cashiers would end up doing it. If you had good managers that would not happen.

Cashiers. Again fun to work with but did not have enough of them so when they went on lunch warehouse would fill in for them. Since we were not fully trained on how to handle those situations it was a problem. If there was a problem we would have to fend for ourselves and management would not help us.

All in all it came down to poor management. The last thing I will say is if Managers from your store, Regional Managers, or District Managers promise you a reward, pay raise, etc. make sure you ask them every week what the status is of the promised reward, pay raise, etc. If you do not then you will most likely not see it for quite sometime.

If I were to sit down and really think about all the things that happened then this review would be a lot longer.

Advice to Management

Take into account what your employees are saying.
If you say you are going to do something for an employee then do it right away because if you do not then you will forget and it will never happen again.

Other Employee Reviews for hhgregg

"Not a job for those wishing to have a life!"

I have been working at hhgregg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Adequate training, good health benefits after 90 days

Cons

Salary only. Unrealistic commission structure. Ungodly hourly demands during the holiday season (example: November 18 - January 5 only EIGHT scheduled days off (and one of them was Christmas!)

Advice to Management

Management needs training in how to instruct adults, in effective group teaching techniques. Coerisive and condescending, one-on-one reprimands do nothing for personal or team morale.

"Long hours, little compensation, no quality of life"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at hhgregg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helping customers find what they need within their budget.
    Hhgregg is a growing company with no debt with a solid business plan.
    They spend time training their employees to make the best associates in the business.

Cons

There is little investment in the talent that keeps the stores running. Managers are scheduled 54-70+ hours a week. If a managers day off falls on a holiday, that manager has to sacrifice the day off. Holidays that fall into this category are presidents day, memorial day, fourth of July, labor day, Etc, all with no extra pay. They are also required to work open to close on Black Friday, which for me was a 26 hour shift. There is no time to spend with family or friends year round.

All the training they do for the sales associates is unpaid.

Advice to Management

If you value your employees and pay your managers at a fair rate for their time and their experience, you'll keep the good eggs. Retention means less money training less qualified replacements. Invest in your people!