hhgregg - Look elsewhere, It is a waste of your time. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for hhgregg

"Look elsewhere, It is a waste of your time."

Former Employee - Electronics Sales in Orland Park, IL
Former Employee - Electronics Sales in Orland Park, IL

I worked at hhgregg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job. Thats about it.

Cons

I have worked many retail commission sales jobs in the past and have been pretty successful doing it. So when I got an offer of easily making $70k+/year after a year of being laid off, I jumped on it. Some management even said I could clear $100k (which I obviously didnt believe).

While technically possible to make a decent buck in a company with that pay structure, it is not feasable. There is little profit left on consumer electronics and there is just too much competition for one to make serious money, because your consumer will go to the store with the lowest cost, no matter how much "value" you put in your services.

I was promised great hours and great insurance. Ended up working typically 50-55 hours a week, which most of that time counts against you. With it being a draw system, the more hours you work can put you in the red and you owe them money, which you pay back on your next check. out of the lets say 40 or so associates I worked with maybe 3 or 4 of them would "beat draw" so they wouldn't owe the company money.

The insurance plan they had was a joke, Management turned over every month or two. Also sales associates didn't last long either. To my knowledge the management is still hiring people and saying they will make $60k-70k, In reality, if you make more than minimum wage at that company in electronics sales youre doing well there. Appliance sales are slightly different because there is more profit on them, but its not much better.

Overall, I would have preferred working minimum wage at wendys.

Advice to Management

Get bent

Other Employee Reviews for hhgregg

1. "Always a learning experience"

Current Employee - Customer Service Merchandiser in Matthews, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Merchandiser in Matthews, NC

I have been working at hhgregg full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love interacting with the customers.

Cons

I have to work nights and weekends.

Advice to Management

n/a

2. "Decent Money"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Joliet, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Joliet, IL

I have been working at hhgregg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They send me and my wife on a free trip every year. This year is Jamaica for a week. All expenses paid. My first year there I made $72,000 and I am on pace to make a lot more this year. They also allow me to work any hours or days I choose.

Cons

If you are looking to be "promoted"to management, be prepared to take a huge pay cut. Managers will only make 45-75k but will work twice the hours I will work

Advice to Management

Hope your at a good store, so you can bonus every month.