hibu - Excellent experience, I may have jumped ship a bit too soon | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for hibu

"Excellent experience, I may have jumped ship a bit too soon"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Burlington, MA
Former Employee - Account Executive in Burlington, MA

Pros

Flexibility of schedule. While I'm sure there are some management teams that specialize in micromanagement, mine certainly did not, and it paid. The team I worked on was consistently ranked among the top in the country, and being there brought us copious amounts of praise from senior management, as well as bonus and incentive opportunities that are unheard of elsewhere.

Cons

Digital advertising market is changing very quickly. While Yellowbook did a great job staying ahead of the curve and developing excellent digital products and solutions earlier than their competition, operating costs are crippling the company, making it tougher to compete against venture backed startups, and the like.

Advice to Management

Keep going strong! I was sad to see that Joe stepped down as CEO, but I think it was for the best. It would be hard to change after so many years of success

Other Employee Reviews for hibu

1. "An amazing place of opportunity - Yellowbook has commitment to growth in products and employee advancement."

Current Employee - Trainer in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Trainer in Cedar Rapids, IA

Pros

The atmosphere is incredible. We are constantly improving and adding to our product portfolio, the benefits and income potential are outstanding, and each employee's career is fostered.

Cons

Sometimes with all of the new products and "changing times" we need to do a little research and work outside of our normal hours... but it's fun to do this as well.

Advice to Management

Please keep up the great communication with your employees. Continue to push for us to be a leader in the marketplace, and thank you for letting me a part of this wonderful organization!

2. "For entry sales only$$$$ wise/ no career growth possible"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Pros

Local management ok/ team is nice

Cons

Upper management doesn't know what they are doing/ flip flop/ no strategy/ introduce products that aren't ready to market/ no support for reps/ tablets n softwear are years behind

Advice to Management

Get rid of all the excess/ quit over promise n under deliver/ be consistent with your reps/ don't focus on strokes. Joe is gone- fired by parent company yell