hibu - This is what I have been looking for, for 30 years | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for hibu

"This is what I have been looking for, for 30 years"

Current Employee - Media Consultant in Meridian, ID
Current Employee - Media Consultant in Meridian, ID

I have been working at hibu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What a great company to work for. The training was excellent, they provide the tools to be successful. I have an excellent manager and this is truly a sales driven organization. The compensation is great. It is challenging and it isn't easy, but, working for Yellowbook has been great and I expect it to continue to get better and better as I settle in. If you are a results oriented person who doesn't have a problem being held accountable and rewarded for producing results then this is the right place for you.

Cons

You have to front the cost of meals for the first couple of weeks while you are at training. The system isn't perfect. But, it is better than anywhere else that I have worked in my 30+ years.

Advice to Management

I know you are working on the contact management system, but get it done faster.

Other Employee Reviews for hibu

1. "The Right Choice !!"

Current Employee - Personal Advertising & Marketing Specialist in Mount Vernon, WA

I have been working at hibu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Mentors and Leaders! The trainers are very thorough and very helpful. This Company drives to invest the time to make sure not only their clients do well but there employees are trained and ready for the field to best suit themselves and the clients.
    I chose this company for me and my family and it has been the best choice for us. My wife and I along with our two beautiful children believe that Yellowbook has given us the life we wanted also the ability to achieve the unachievable!!

Cons

The one thing I would advise if considering this Job is that you need to have the ability to get up and do your job by yourself. If you need assistance in your every day tasks I would not recommend this job. Yellowbook will be happy to assist you but the consistent need for guidance will not help you in the field. There is a statement that is a part of my daily life--
    ----- If you are not willing to learn, No one can help you. If you are determined to learn, No One Can Stop You.
    Yellow Book is all about the employee and making sure that they are understanding and supported. Yellow Book is the Company that gives the true meaning of "The Sky Is The Limit"

Advice to Management

Look out, here I come!! ;0)

"Pretty on Paper..."

Former Employee - Personal Advertising & Marketing Specialist in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The young adult atmosphere and mix of interesting co-workers. The job sounds interesting and looks good on a resume. Decent health insurance and casual dress code.

Cons

Disciplinary action if you clock in late, or a manager is not happy with your production: meaning you are written up and put on probation to lose your job. Can only work 37.5 hours a week (less than full-time pay) and you have to clock out for your half hour, unpaid lunch.

Advice to Management

Due to the high authoritarian management style, employees start to resent the company; resulting in low morale. From a human development perspective, when employers act like a controlling, abusive parent, the employees begin to behave like children and rebel. I'd recommend running hibu like a small creative startup, no micromanagers, no discipline, encourage a creative atmosphere that is not run like an automotive assembly line, listen to the employees ideas (because they know the product and what customers are saying). You have the chance to be a digital ad leader, but only if you are innovative and original. No need to look at other companies and follow...be the leader.