hibu - Average place | Glassdoor

"Average place"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in King of Prussia, PA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was a part of the small group of SAP people in King of Prussia, PA for the half a year. If you want to join the group and you are OK with the average at best salary, give yourself a month for the extended test drive. Don't relocate or even rent a place before you will stay there for a while and understand how things work there for real. On the bright side, you will have 2 days of work from home policy. Your will have to decide about the details with your manager. Your success will depend on your managers efforts to absorb the mess that going on in the company up to down.

Cons

There is no link between the people who actually do things and the people who decide what to do and when. SAP admin practice is viewed by the management as the part of the infrastructure. Thus, the effort to install Windows 7 is similar in their eyes to install SAP ERP landscape. There is no link from the technical people to the level of the decision makers. You can expect some understanding from your technical leads/low level managers on one day, but things would be the same on the other day. You will have some freedom to make your everyday decisions about the technical issues because nobody has time to control them and people are overloaded because of the tight budget that didn't allow to hire enough people to cover even the critical tasks.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to be a second Google or a second Ebay. Concentrate all the efforts on a couple of projects and proudly cut the others projects.

Other Employee Reviews for hibu

1. "Terrible morale"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at hibu full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good training, staying up on new products available, very supportive team of people to help with direct mail and computer. Good customer service.

Cons

Call in leads for are not distributed on a rotation basis in Milwaukee office, like they are in others cities. A few favorites get 80% of call-in leads. One person may get 5 a year, and another go 2 years without any. Also, another sales rep can go into your assigned account, and sell right out from under you, and if you go to your manager, they will do nothing for you. It'sveryunfairunfairineverespect

Advice to Management

Don't tell an older employee that you don't like anyone over 40 working for you, and brag about how many you've gotten rid of. Don't show incredible favoritism to the men, and younger people. You are losing a lot of good employees, by having low morale.

"This is what I have been looking for, for 30 years"

Current Employee - Media Consultant in Meridian, ID
    Current Employee - Media Consultant in Meridian, ID

I have been working at hibu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What a great company to work for. The training was excellent, they provide the tools to be successful. I have an excellent manager and this is truly a sales driven organization. The compensation is great. It is challenging and it isn't easy, but, working for Yellowbook has been great and I expect it to continue to get better and better as I settle in. If you are a results oriented person who doesn't have a problem being held accountable and rewarded for producing results then this is the right place for you.

Cons

You have to front the cost of meals for the first couple of weeks while you are at training. The system isn't perfect. But, it is better than anywhere else that I have worked in my 30+ years.

Advice to Management

I know you are working on the contact management system, but get it done faster.