hibu - Great entry level opportunities and growth for hard workers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for hibu

"Great entry level opportunities and growth for hard workers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This has been a great company to start a career with and advance with little experience. If you work hard and care about your job you will stand out big time in this company.There are lots of entry level positions to get started even without a college degree. Plenty of opportunity to advance your career in other areas. The office building is professional looking and includes a small gym and cafe. There is a pond behind the building so eating lunch outside on a nice day is relaxing. Salaried employees get an annual bonus and a bring home laptop. If you get laid off, the company does a good job of trying to place you in another role with the company. The company is diverse in their hiring. You receive a $1,050 referral bonus for referring someone to a position and they get hired. It's $1,500 if they get hired for position in the Sales department. Overall, hibu (formally known as Yellowbook) has been a good place to work for.

Cons

For the last few years many individual or department lay offs have occurred. The financial situation with the company's debt is disheartening. Annual raises have been very low the last 5 years averaging 1-2% for most employees. The company hasn't met their objectives in a long time so on average I receive about 60% of my maximum bonus payout each year even with a top score in the personal performance category which is weighted into your overall payout. Lastly, the majority of Sales Reps that work for this company need more training than they are given. They also tend to be very rude and unprofessional when dealing with employees in the corporate office which can make a hostile workplace if you are in a position that works directly with them. HR and Management rarely gets involved when corporate employees such as Customer Service report incidents with Sales Reps.

Other Employee Reviews for hibu

"Don't let them sell you, do your homework before you accept this job!"

Current Employee - Account Executive/Media Consultant in Clark, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Executive/Media Consultant in Clark, NJ

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible Schedule
    Decent Health Benefits (I Guess)

Cons

-Avoid this company at all costs!
    -"Good ol' Boys club" mentality
    -Management is completely out of touch and most aren't qualified to be group leaders
    -"Our company is in the middle of a Death Spiral" - Recent Quote by management
    -Absolutely no room to grow, unless you're a professional A** kisser.
    -I've been a witness to racism, discrimination, and dozens of ethics violations.
    -Candidates don't be fooled! Management over promises on pay, and catastrophically under delivers. Simple terms: You're being lied to, goals are practically impossible to achieve.
    -We are being forced to sell certain products to customers that were unproven, and reprimanded for pointing it out to management.
    -If you're the type of person that believes in "Doing the Right Thing" for your customers, this isn't the job for you.
    -I was told that the perfect employee is a "Divorced, single, Jewish mother/woman because they'll do anything for the money". (Yes! These were actual spoken words by management)
    -If you have children, hobbies, or enjoy spending time with your family you're expected to forget about all of it and commit to the 24/7 cult of Hibu inc.
    -Some employees have made a career out of signing shady plumbers and other businesses... with manager's assistance.

The above statements are 100% true no matter how many "paid" or "fake" positive reviews are posted here.

Advice to Management

Retire, you've failed and driven this company into the ground.

"You're just a number."

Current Employee - Media Consultant
    Current Employee - Media Consultant

I have been working at hibu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours. Base pay is ok.

Cons

Very corporate from the top down approach to a company. The higher ups make the decisions and hurt the lower down the ladder you are. The company is struggling financially so, if you don't hit the extremely high sales numbers you go bye bye and they don't care. You drive a lot. I drove hours to appointments very outside of my area. Highly competitive, fast paced working environment making you basically an old school fast talking sales person pushing the sale. There are always deadlines to get out one of the new products they have launched and none of the clients in your area understands it yet. If you don't get the product to launch, everyone gets fired. Don't work here. Job security is super unstable.

Advice to Management

Stop being such an old style company and adopt some of the start-up, new era company tactics.