hibu - Autonomous | Glassdoor

"Autonomous"

Former Employee - Customer Inquiry Representative in King of Prussia, PA
Former Employee - Customer Inquiry Representative in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu full-time

Pros

Self driven to network for significant resources outside of my department.

Cons

Department prefers to keep you restrained from any advancements, especially if you are meeting and exceeding your goals. They are too afraid to lose a good thing to another department.

Advice to Management

Promote and /or compensate employees on a merit based analysis and not on favoratism.

Other Employee Reviews for hibu

"positive environment, and rewarded for performance"

Current Employee - Digital Specialist Partner Representative in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at hibu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great improvements in products, we run good SEM programs for our clients that produce results, and the websites final product are of good quality for SMB's

Cons

Customer service struggle to keep up with demand

Advice to Management

get the web builders to communicate direct with customers

"Every day was a coin toss..."

Current Contractor - Web Production in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Contractor - Web Production in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at hibu as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, totally made my time fun and taught me a lot despite constant madness. If pay had been slightly higher, I'd have been self-sufficient right out of school, which would've been a huge plus considering the economy.

Cons

Where to begin... lack of streamline processes led to tons of redundancies. These redundancies wasted time, watered-down the customer service experience, and created hostility towards upper management. Culture of loathing between sales, fulfillment, and execs. Execs set dated policies for sales and totally let "account execs" run roughshod over processes and procedures; back-enders in fulfillment were stretched to the breaking point w/ accounts. Sales loses $$ over bad fulfillment process... fulfillment loses sleep because sales drives them insane with perceived ineptitude... Not fun most days. We're supposed to be blowing the doors off the market w/ our new products, but sales aren't even close to anticipated levels. Let's hope this isn't RIP hibu...

Advice to Management

Streamline. I heard Deloitte came on board at one point during the debt consolidation. Tell the inept and old-school sales folks to hit the bricks, get some real talent in production (no more freelancers for design and copywriting, PLEASE!), start a legit art department (my entire department has 2 artists... 2 who weren't outsourced!), and make social media have real importance (the customer's want it, lets deliver!) and last but certainly not least - DITCH THE PRINT! I keep my phone book in my bathroom... but not for reading.