hibu - In Transition - Major Uncertainty Ahead | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for hibu

"In Transition - Major Uncertainty Ahead"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at hibu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people - obviously depending on what group or department you are in matters - and every company has stars and dogs. In my experience - dealing with senior leaders - they are welcoming, friendly, and open to new ideas.

Cons

Legacy products and resistance to certain types of change haunt the company and can cause frustration and/or delays in deliverables. Decision by committee also has trickle-down effects that reduces everyone's ability to make a difference.

Advice to Management

Double down on people - getting them engaged and investing in them professionally. Cost cuts are inevitable - but those that remain should be and are your greatest asset. Do whatever you can to nurture and retain those people.

Also - the company is moving to digital - actual physical location should not matter whatsoever.

Other Employee Reviews for hibu

1. "Leaders in MicroManagement"

Former Employee - Website Specialist in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Website Specialist in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone at your level will be great to you, will make some of the greatest friends ever. They also have a strong HR department.

Cons

They train you poorly. Everything you learn goes right out the door. It's essentially training by power point. Everything I learned on the job, I learned on my own. The reason why I left was because they were restricting ALL free time so that we would learn how to learn billing cycles. That was the best time for me as an individual to grow.

Advice to Management

Get real coffee back. Stop telling people when to take their breaks. Provide more opportunities for growth. Trust your employees. Do EVERYTHING you can to improve morale. It is like the walking dead now.

"Circling the drain"

Former Employee - Web Content Writer in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Web Content Writer in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The salary, paid holidays, some pleasant people

Cons

The beginning of the end was probably when the British bought Yellowbook. The company's fate is tied to the dying phone book, no matter how hard it tries otherwise. When the phone book goes, so will hibu. Sales reps don't understand the websites they are selling, and they gave the copywriters little useful information with which to write the sites. Copywriters then had to resort to the same generic clichés on each page, writing cookie-cutter sites. trying to meet a production quota. No job security - they overhired, then laid most people off when they still lost money. To save money, the company outsourced, both to online freelancers and overseas, with a resulting drop in quality. The Web content is now being written in India.

Advice to Management

Focus on a quality product made locally instead of making sites on the cheap. Have copywriters on site, interviewing customers again to get them the content they want. Train the sales reps better so they actually understand their product.