hibu - Sinking Ship - Run! | Glassdoor

"Sinking Ship - Run!"

Current Employee - Website Editor
Current Employee - Website Editor

I have been working at hibu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is pretty good and my coworkers are wonderful. My manager is really great. The office environment is relaxed and no one really cares what you wear. I would have been very happy working at hibu for an extended period of time, until they started making sudden, massive cuts...

Cons

You will get laid off. Period. The company is outsourcing everything either to India, the Philippines, or subcontractors. There's a constant atmosphere of fear and even your manager is often left in the dark.

Advice to Management

Outsourcing all of your content production may look okay on the surface, but most of your customers are going to cancel when they see their websites.

Other Employee Reviews for hibu

"Degrading and insult to my intelligence."

Former Employee - Anonymous in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to switch to another "team" in your department if there's a personality clash with your supervisor.
    Good insurance and benefits.

Cons

My department was a fashion show. Managers were more worried about shopping and dogs than their staff. Staff would routinely do work for managers to take credit for. You were told to ask for help when you needed it, but if you did, you were laughed at and told you could handle it. My manager spoke negatively about me to other managers, saying I was low class and lazy. Low class because I didn't shop at the clothing stores she did. I did 5 people's jobs, so I'm not sure how I was lazy.
    You were treated very poorly by management unless you were in the "in-crowd". We had several employees constantly reprimanded for tiny, fixable mistakes, while others made huge errors and were continuously promoted even though someone else had to fix their errors. The auditors in the billing department spent their day finding errors but yet had no idea how to post the payments or make the changes that they were auditing.

Advice to Management

Rid your departments of the cliques and petty associate managers who do nothing but degrade those who report to them.

Pay attention to your turnover. Three people leave hibu on medical leave and are all under the same associate manger? Don't promote her! In this actual instance, you rewarded her nastiness. Same thing all over the company.

Hibu was the worst company I have ever worked for, my new coworkers think I'm making up my horror stories about management and life at hibu, but they're all true with witnesses.

"It will be interesting to see if their digital marketing products can ever really be competitive."

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best reason for working at hibu is the people. Everyone I have contact with is so professional and nice and willing to help.

Cons

Right now, with the change to the new CEO and the organization changes he is quickly making, the atmosphere feels very unstable. You feel like you could lose your job at any time.

Advice to Management

Quit pushing products to market without fully testing them.