hibu - Doing Anything to survive | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for hibu

"Doing Anything to survive"

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Used to be a fun environment to work in. may come back at some point The path we are taking is a very hard and difficult one to take. but If it works we may just survive

Cons

lots of uncertainty. large layoff that just devastated the company headcount and morale in the company. Makes everyone uneasy about working here but a job is a job and i have been in worse situations

Other Employee Reviews for hibu

"Playing catch up"

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good culture because of the people that work here

Cons

My mother taught me if I don't have anything good to say, not to say anything at all. There are worse places to work.

Advice to Management

It's obvious you don't have it figured out. Get educated on what you are actually trying to sell, solve your potential clients problems and realize what your position is in the market.

"Just Say No!"

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are decent. PTO is also a plus. The people are really nice (minus the executives).

Cons

Micromanagement is a regular practice, and the work expectation is absurd. So, the idea of producing quality products just doesn't exist. Imagine a Model-T production line from the 1930's in a modern setting and that's HIBU for you. When it's time to get a raise, even if you went above and beyond, your pay only gets raised by a few cents (Oh, and people get paid different amounts for doing the same job). They play favorites, so if you want to move up, you have to know the right people. Otherwise, no matter how many times you want to move departments... you just stay put. Time flexibility is also a huge problem. Not to mention, the umpteenth amount of programs employees have to use to get their jobs done.... the list could go on. But, to put it simply, HIBU is the most unorganized, wishy washy company I've ever worked for or even heard of. If this company wants to last, it needs to change... and change fast.

Advice to Management

Some amount of effort needs to be put in to all of the things stated above. Try giving employees more time to work on products, so they can focus on a quality product. That's the best way to maintain customers. Equal pay would be nice, along with fair raises, instead of raises that kind of appears to only be keeping up with inflation. It would just be nice if pretty much everything said in the "Cons" section were the exact opposite.