hibu - Great until recently | Glassdoor

"Great until recently"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and decent pay, good work-life balance. Historically they have given back to the community and contributed to charity. They do nice things like have Santa Claus for employees' kids and give nice presents ($15 range).

Cons

I feel like recent changes in leadership have prioritized profits over employees and quality. They have recently decided to drop some products and off-shore a large number of positions, which I think is short-sighted and will be detrimental to quality of products and to customer satisfaction.

Advice to Management

Fix on-going system and procedural problems that affect quality and customer satisfaction before throwing your employees to the dogs.

Other Employee Reviews for hibu

"Exciting work, great job for someone with a great attitude and self motivation."

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at hibu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the ability to set my own hours, and I don't have to work weekends unless I want to. I have a very flexible schedule and I never have to go into an office. I spend my day meeting with different businesses in all different industries showing them how they can grow their business and if they like the idea and sign a contract with me then it builds my business as well! They have great products so it doesn't feel like so much of a "sales" job and is more of a "consulting" job, although selling is definitely the goal!

Cons

Don't be too excited when you hear "set your own hours" this job is NOT for slackers. You have to be extremely self-motivated and work a full weeks work if you want to make your numbers- this could be an "con" but more of just a challenge. It is sometimes hard to be out doing cold calls all day and can get discouraging, it would be nice to get some "hot leads".

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have managers locally, mine is a flight away which is sometimes hard since I am still new.

"Publication"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits were great and outside seating for lunch was a nice view.

Cons

Company cared more about money than employees.

Advice to Management

Good luck saving the company.