hibu - OMG!!... Why am I still here. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for hibu

"OMG!!... Why am I still here."

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at hibu full-time

Pros

-Ipads Airs for salespeople
-Work from home
-Work around your home territory.
-Free flight to Philly for 2 weeks
-Most of the sales team has tenure( over 4 years average)
-Lots of support maybe too much

Cons

-Bankruptcy
-Limited to 4 products to sell and only 1 is a major focus which is our worst product.
- Manager shares too much info about personal life
-None of my sales are happy with their service, Seriously no one. The only reason they haven't cancelled is because of recurring payments.
-If sales has their own support hotline something must be wrong. Yet even with that nothing gets accomplished.in a timely manner
-I feel like I've been lied too about how great this job will be and I see all my training class is gone. Even the trainer is gone. and I wonder why am I still here.

Advice to Management

There are managers for managers managers. What are you managing when people aren't getting sales. These guys have it good. No calling to fix customers issues, no cold calling to find leads or organizations we can join. They just sit around sending Group me messages twiddling their thumbs. This place is a joke.

Other Employee Reviews for hibu

"good company, going broke"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good money, great product, freedom

Cons

quotas make no sense, company is bankrupt

"This company is all over the place, and not in a good way."

Current Contractor - Web Content Writer in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Contractor - Web Content Writer in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at hibu as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

*Very nice co-workers
    *Approachable and receptive management
    *Easy work
    *Decent Pay
    *Good Benefits

Cons

*Monotonous and unnecessary amount of training. There's no reason to require a college degree and two plus years experience if your going to 're-educate' everyone for two weeks.

*Company culture is all about group think and conformity. A smart, talented and hard-working introverted person may still find themselves struggling here because Hibu, for some reason has adapted a ridiculous "let's all be BFFS FOREVER!!!!" mentality. All of the working spaces are open layouts. There's no privacy in the open cubicles and only some managers will let listen to music while you work. The alternative is to listen to the customer service reps (bless their hearts because it's not their fault) talk to customer while you try to write copy, edit layout, etc.

*De-nile isn't Just a River in Egypt. Hibu and the company that bought it out are both in DEEEEP financial trouble. Hibu has filed bankruptcy and the work is not coming in like it used to. Instead of accepting facts and creating a new strategy they feel the need to lie to interviewees, current employees and recruiting firms. They will hire people in rounds promise them the moon and lie, lie, lie about the amount of work available and opportunities for growth and promotions. Three months later they realize they haven't the money to pay any of these new workers and lay them off. A month later the cycle starts again. The state of denial not only hurts hard working people it's downright scary to see how easy it is for these people to lie so much and so often.

Advice to Management

*Try looking outside of your bubble. Look at what the competition is doing and where the industry is moving as a whole. This will help you gain the perspective you desperately need.