i3 Research - Struggling through merger activities. Employees are not feeling valued. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for i3 Research

"Struggling through merger activities. Employees are not feeling valued."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Pros

Great and highly skilled employees.

Cons

Lack of strong leadership and communication from management

Other Employee Reviews for i3 Research

1. "I was very satisfied until i3 was bought by inVentv"

Current Employee - Regional Clinical Research Associate in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Regional Clinical Research Associate in Cary, NC

Pros

Assigned towork with a only one sponsor
    Get lots of positive feedback.
    Treated as a professional.
    Assigned sites are regional

As part of the PSP, I am assigned to a a only one sponsor and 4 sister protocols for the same therapeutic area. The managers on my team have worked hard to keep our assigned sites local or regional. I've had 3 really good managers, all of whom were supportive and gave a lot of positive feedback. We've been treated as professionals and our time is flexible. We are given lots of updates which can be good or bad.

Cons

Things are in upheaval since bought by inVentiv.
    Lots of turnover at present.
    Too many managers.
    Not enough worker bees.

Although we are given frequent updates about the merger, it is hard to know what to expect when all of the changes are finalized. It feels like it is taking forever to sort things out.

I'm not sure how much of my dissatisfaction is from the merger and how much is due to the sponsor I am currently assigned to. This particular sponsor has a lot of unwieldy applications and requires an excessive amount of training. There are a lot of tasks that are given higher priority than monitoring sites, which should be of utmost importance. We are overworked because of this and because we can't keep enough monitors to make up a complete team. It is impossible to do the job in a 40-50 hour work week. I was able to deal with this until the merger. The added stress of all of the resulting changes have been too much. I will probably be leaving soon..

Advice to Management

Streamline management and hire more CRAs. Be more judicious when negotiating contracts with sponsors so CRAs are not overworked. Sponsor expectations should be more clear cut and consitent from beginning to end of each protocol. Allowing sponsors to add extra work with immediate deadlines leads to low morale and higher turnover in staff.

2. "just starting"

Current Employee - Medical Writer in Lexington, MA
    Current Employee - Medical Writer in Lexington, MA

Pros

people are really cooperative and willing to share learnings and experience, non-competitive, collegial, especially when work remotely have to work this way

Cons

at this point in my career have not experienced any cons, perhaps one con is that work remotely and can sometimes have a hard time separately work from personal life but that could happen at any company where work remotely