iContact - Great Place To Work - Some Changes Would Help | Glassdoor
  1. "Great Place To Work - Some Changes Would Help"

I worked at iContact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I really enjoyed my time working for iContact. The laid back company culture and opportunities for personal development positively impacted my experience there. The people who work at iContact made coming into work every day enjoyable. Geoff has done a great job at pushing the company in the right direction while also making iContact feel like an inclusive environment. I would consider working here again if the... right opportunity arose.

Cons

iContact needs to focus more on hiring and promoting from within. I saw many highly qualified employees leave after being passed over for promotion in favor of an outside hire.

Advice to Management

Make more of an effort to promote from within.

iContact2018-08-29

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Amazing work environment"

Current Employee - Senior Product Expert

I have been working at iContact full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work-life balance Overtime opportunities Excellent team and leadership Company outings and events Relaxes and friendly work environment Competent co-workers

Cons

Relatively lower pay compared to other similar jobs, off-set by good benefits. Company has been acquired a few times throughout the years, leading to mass layoffs, though I have not been affected personally by these.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work!

iContact2019-06-05

"Used to be awesome."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

I worked at iContact full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- CEO is great and very approachable. - Free coffee and soda. - Great people.

Cons

- Pay is not very competitive for most departments. - Software fell behind the times and now can't catch up with competitors. - One department in particular does not appear to put much emphasis on diversity . It was frequently discussed amongst employees and the sentiment is that it won't change unless the VP moves on. There was a spree of diversified hirings but amongst employees, this was not believed to have... been without intervention.

Advice to Management

- At this point, it is obvious the company is in a steep decline so I'm not sure there is much that can be done. However, if the company can stay afloat, I would suggest strongly looking at VP of Client Services and ask yourself why literally dozens of SAs have left the company in the past couple of years. It's not solely for a higher salary.

iContact2019-08-10

Discover more reviews about iContact.