iContact - Great company and working environment! | Glassdoor

"Great company and working environment!"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at iContact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are so many great things I can say about iContact and the experience working here. IContact is a fast-paced, changing environment with a work-hard, play-hard mentality. My co-workers are professional and fun on all levels. My salary is competitive and I have great benefits. I’m given all the tools I need to be successful and I’m positively encouraged by management. Senior leadership is approachable and... available to help you reach individual success and team success.

Cons

Location is convenient from anywhere in the triangle area, but the building facilities are not up to date, though things seem to be improving. In the Sales Executive role there are little immediate advancement opportunities.

iContact2014-08-20

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Amazing work environment"

Current Employee - Senior Product Expert

I have been working at iContact full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work-life balance Overtime opportunities Excellent team and leadership Company outings and events Relaxes and friendly work environment Competent co-workers

Cons

Relatively lower pay compared to other similar jobs, off-set by good benefits. Company has been acquired a few times throughout the years, leading to mass layoffs, though I have not been affected personally by these.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work!

iContact2019-06-05
  2. "I would avoid"

Former Employee - Strategic Advisor in Raleigh, NC

I worked at iContact full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pros- free sodas machine and free coffee. CEO Geoff is a really good person.

Cons

Cons- This used to be such a cool place to work. However three acquisitions and poor management have caused waves of staff exodus. The Client Services Department particularly has been decimated. At most companies, having dozens of Team Members quit from one small Department in the past two years, would lead to someone higher up questioning Management and Director policies and an investigation into how they treat... and handle their staff. However at iContact losing droves of people in a short time frame is met with little more than a shrug. It makes you wonder who cares less, the people in management at iContact or the people in the carousel of companies that acquire iContact. There are people in Manager, Director, and even VP roles that have never managed anyone or anything outside of iContact previously- and you can really tell. There is no such thing as professional growth, no such thing as coaching and building up a team. Most places you work, a manager will hopefully bring everyone together to meet the common company goals. They will review your performance and look at where you can improve and recognize areas you are doing well. At iContact the management is much more concerned about who is writing all these negative Glass Door reviews and constantly talking about rumors that they allegedly heard from staff. They seem to be blissfully unaware that when you have people quit your team bunches, that speaks volumes on you as a manager. Unless there are widespread and sweeping changes at the highest levels- I would avoid.

Advice to Management

Decide a clear direction for the company, announce it, and follow through.

iContact2019-10-21

Discover more reviews about iContact.