iCorps Technologies - Consulting without handholding and micromanagement | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for iCorps Technologies

"Consulting without handholding and micromanagement"

Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Great hours and quality of life balance.
*Independence in decision-making, as long as you can back it up.
*Great people and a good support structure.

I read a lot of reviews about iCorps before I took the job, and I was a little skeptical. What I found was an atmosphere that is much more positive than the negative reviews would suggest: The company takes good care of its employees and the workload isn't overwhelming. What is different from a lot of companies is that the employees are expected to stay busy and productive, even if there is nothing specifically scheduled: Basically there aren't a lot of days sitting around drinking coffee and talking baseball. There are utilization metrics in place to curtail idle time, and that could be jarring to someone new to consulting, I guess.

Cons

The only real downside I can see so far is really a matter of perspective: If you go into this job expecting to have your hand held or expecting to sit and collect a paycheck, you'll be disappointed. Consultants that are hired, I have personally found, are expected to be self-motivated and expected to find ways to stay busy. This is not a place where talking baseball around the water cooler is a normal practice.

Other Employee Reviews for iCorps Technologies

"Finally found my dream company!"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Charlestown, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Charlestown, MA

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People, company culture, autonomy, variety in work assignments, ideas are respected, etc. It seriously took me a year and a half of bouncing from job to job trying to find not only a mix of people that I enjoy working with, but somewhere where I can really share my knowledge, ideas, and experience...and I finally found it at iCorps...true story!

Cons

None, but be prepared to work...because we work hard & play hard! :)

Advice to Management

Keep doing the great job that you're doing!

"One of the worst jobs I had ever had the displeasure of working for."

Former Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

Pros

Getting to see some fairly new technologies, management is not afraid to teach you new products.

Cons

- No communication what so ever.
    its like management is on vacation, permanently.
    - other consultants are rude to their one colleagues.
    - a lot of consultants were very territorial is clients and did not divulge any important information to help assist clients when consultants were busy at a site.
    - Extremely high turn over, don't get too familiar with anybody because they might quit or get fired quicker than you've met them.
    - a thankless job with no appreciation.

Advice to Management

- Change management style.
    - review how the consultants interact with one another.
    - streamline your process improvement and have the consultants document information about clients to avoid consultants from jump into a shark tank.