iCrossing - Great people and clients, horrible leadership | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for iCrossing

"Great people and clients, horrible leadership"

Former Employee - Strategist
Former Employee - Strategist

I worked at iCrossing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best part of iCrossing is working with big brands - it's excellent for your resume and most if not all of your clients will be Fortune 500 companies. There are also some very talented people at the agency you can learn a lot from, and many people get to travel for meetings and pitches which is a lot of fun. IC offers lots of upward growth potential, especially if you're in New York or San Fran. Although I left the company because I of a deteriorating culture and being passed up for promotions, iCrossing was great for my career and I'm thankful for my time there.

Cons

The agency leadership is completely revenue driven and could care less about the people or work being produced. It is extremely demoralizing and frustrating to those who are passionate about their work, as they're constantly reminded by leadership that the only thing that matters is how much revenue your client is bringing in, not how good the work is. Layoffs occur when the agency "doesn't hit their numbers" even if the quarter was still very profitable - it's all about hitting the numbers at iCrossing, and nothing else matters. Don Scales is the center of this culture, and he wouldn't know good advertising if it smacked him in the face - he's a "show me the numbers" MBA through and through, and not fit to run a true creative (or even digital) agency.

Advice to Management

Replace Don Scales and adjust priorities to be less about revenue and more about producing good work. Treat your employees like more than just "costs that pull down the bottom line."

Other Employee Reviews for iCrossing

"A great place to work/grow if you happen to work with the right people"

Former Employee - Front End Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Front End Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at iCrossing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- You get to work on projects for big brands, so it's definitely good for your resume.
    - You get to work mostly with talented individuals.
    - You can work out a fairly flexible schedule.

Cons

- Depending on what department you are a part of, office politics can be tough to deal with.
    - Hierarchy seems to be too deep for what the company does. At times you can find yourself doing most of the work for a client, and being managed by 4-5 people who actually don't know a lot about your specific project.

2. "Wonderful environment working with talented people"

I have been working at iCrossing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Talented coworkers combined with a casual environment

Cons

Often difficult to see the forest for the trees