iLuv - Great team, products, working on improvements | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for iLuv

"Great team, products, working on improvements"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

I have been working at iLuv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard working, dedicated staff, Executive team is very passionate about the business. iLuv is a diverse global company with global sales channels. Open to change and making improvements to grow the company every day.

Cons

Typical cons of all large companies minus a lot of the politics, but nothing worth commenting about. The other posts are partially accurate IMO, (or based on their experience, mine is somewhat different) iLuv is a US company and I appreciate the opportunities I have with iLuv. It is about working smart with results not working long hours and burning yourself out. Peaks and valleys of work flow….

Other Employee Reviews for iLuv

"Stress level beyond belief"

Pros

1. They have some hard working and good people

Cons

1. Horrible environment - they do not know how to take care of employees
    2. Incompetent management - They don't understand basic things and do not want to take responsibility for anything. They simply exist to give out more work
    3. Long working hours - people are afraid to go home at the close of business day for some reason
    4. Many more that is too long to list here

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees - you exist because of them. They don't exist because of you.
    Spend some time thinking about employee retention
    In this age of the Internet, word spreads fast - if people don't want to come work there, there is a really good reason why. Everything comes back to you somehow

"If your goal is to have no life outside of work, then this is the place for you"

Former Employee - Another Slave in Port Washington, NY
    Former Employee - Another Slave in Port Washington, NY

I worked at iLuv full-time

Pros

They will feed you when you work late every night. There is free coffee that you are encouraged to drink so that you can stay up and keep working as well.

Cons

Anything less than a 12 hour workday is frowned upon and there is zero overtime pay. Don't let the website fool you, this is a Korean company from top to bottom and even though they hire non-Koreans you will feel quite alienated if you're not fluent in that language. Fortunately, I was but I noticed many non-Koreans completely out of the loop on a daily basis. Did I mention a 12 hour workday is expected of everyone without any possibility of overtime pay? I seriously wish I was exaggerating. Many of the employees are very nice but have extremely limited English skills, and because they were brought from overseas to work here I suspect that is why management has so much leverage over them.

Advice to Management

You've created a high expectation, high stress work environment that is rife with negativity. No one seems "happy" to work here. There are so many things that need fixing I would not even know where to start.