ikaSystems - Good place to work, however, it's a small company with lack of training resources and not good company benefits. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ikaSystems

"Good place to work, however, it's a small company with lack of training resources and not good company benefits."

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Southborough, MA
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Southborough, MA

I have been working at ikaSystems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Need to always take initiative or else nothing gets done by management.

Cons

Lack of structure, lack of training resources, too many obstacles regarding resources and systems access. ALOT of outsourcing makes it difficult to do your job. In other words, departments being outsourced, etc.Employees do not feel that their jobs are safe and feel confident about their knowledge due to lack of initial training regarding product.

Advice to Management

There needs to be structure and a dedicated training resources in each product. Management does not understand how systems work. They make decisions without this knowledge and grunt worker get burnt in the process. Employees do not feel that their jobs are safe.

Other Employee Reviews for ikaSystems

"Forward looking, Growing and Transforming"

Current Employee - Software Architect in Southborough, MA
    Current Employee - Software Architect in Southborough, MA

I have been working at ikaSystems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Making major enhancements in process, technology and quality. Growing rapidly. Very cool technology challenges. Really good people (mix of experience and new people)

Cons

Some people who aren't high performers and/or are not evolving their skillsets are not happy. It's a classic example of a company moving from start-up to high growth mode and that isn't comfortable for all people.

Advice to Management

Management generally takes a "cannot confirm or deny" attitude regarding future layoffs. I'd recommend that they get more specific. More specifically, 1) If you deliver and customers love you, you have nothing to worry about, 2) if you're on the tech side, you have to either grow by having up-to-date technology skills (SOA vs client server) or progress as a business expert (health plan guru) e.g. to lead implementations. 3) If you're performing repetitive tasks, automate them and take on more.

"Lay offs and Outsourcing of jobs!"

Current Employee - Like I Would Disclose!! in Southborough, MA
    Current Employee - Like I Would Disclose!! in Southborough, MA

I have been working at ikaSystems full-time

Pros

Diminishing pros - I do not see many pros other than that the Benefits may be good here.

Cons

Lay offs always feel personal though they may not be.

Advice to Management

You guys did not know how to manage $150mn of capital. You give excuses(senseless)
    WE thought the the capital was supposed to lake us to the next level by leveraging our domain expertise. Instead you spent the money in reorganizing - yet to see results. I am not sue how many of the employees including Sr. Mgmt can confidently say that things have improved and they have a better work-life balance. We were slogging in the start up phase and remain in the same state after over 10yrs of existence.