juwi - Project Manager | Glassdoor

"Project Manager"

I worked at juwi full-time

Pros

Great working team, good mission and complex interesting projects

Cons

long hours and travel and high expectation for excellence

juwi2017-12-20

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Not Micro-Managed"

I have been working at juwi full-time

Pros

Not Micro-Managed In contrast to some other reviews I have read, I believe that success and mobility are achievable at this company. Like most of my colleagues I am given a high degree of autonomy which, while it comes with its burdens, breeds an ecosystem rich with highly qualified and motivated people. While this is also a con, the pressure to wear multiple hats and perform multirole duties has resulted in a net benefit for me in that I have been given the opportunity to contribute more to the development and execution of our PV projects than I otherwise would in a pigeon-holed position. I am happy to work with/ thankful for my colleagues - many of whom I have gotten to know fairly well over the years.

Cons

As noted above, one con that comes with a career at juwi is a combination of a high workload and fewer staff than (I think) is required for a “trouble-free” project execution. While there is a silver lining to this fact (above in the pros), it would be my preference to expand certain teams by at least one or two members. There are numerous times during the course of a project’s development and EPC where extra-stressful effort is required to get the job done and l believe that work-life balance would be better if there were more hands on deck. That being said, I think most EPCs demand this level of excellence/ hard work and juwi is not unique in this situation.

juwi2020-01-13

"Abysmal Leadership"

Former Employee - Boulder Office in Boulder, CO

I worked at juwi full-time for more than a year

Pros

Generally solid entry / mid-level employees despite fear based culture. Working in Boulder is a plus.

Cons

In my research of juwi I saw the unbelievably high turnover rate. I asked management, they said they were developing a long term plan to keep employees for continuity on projects, just one of the many lies they tell people to get in the door. In my first week an employee got fired for no apparent reason. I've never seen turnover quite like this. The CEO's erratic behavior creates zero job security for employees. He fires people seemingly without a care. Employees are burdened with a non-compete that is strictly enforced if fired or quit. For whatever reason there are about 5 employees that are above getting fired, despite their lack of production. The revolving door culture prohibits any continuity on projects, and ultimately results in the company's lack of success winning bids outside of their home state. The pay is well below industry standard. Employees aren't given much direction. Can't recommend anyone working here, look elsewhere.

Continue reading
    juwi2019-06-26

Discover more reviews about juwi.