loanDepot - Great Opportunity, Great Support | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for loanDepot

"Great Opportunity, Great Support"

Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Banker in Foothill Ranch, CA
Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Banker in Foothill Ranch, CA

I have been working at loanDepot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

From the very beginning, this company has had everyone's back. I came into the industry with no experience and not an idea of what to do. The company paid for my training and all of my licensing. The training staff had our backs the whole time, and you can tell people are happy with their jobs.

You hear directly and frequently from the CEO, and there are numerous avenues where your input can be provided. Managers provide great support and I have never felt like I was left out to dry.

You run your own business. You have to work hard for what you get but that seems to be the notion with life. At least I know I can control my results. There are many opportunities here.There are a ton of opportunities in this company and they are always hiring from within as well.

I have recommended the company to my friends and family.

Cons

Sometimes the work and hours become heavy, but it is a result based industry.

Other Employee Reviews for loanDepot

"The good reviews you are reading are completed by management! Trust me!"

Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Banker in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Banker in Plano, TX

I have been working at loanDepot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I honestly tried to find a pro about working here. I cannot think of any...

Cons

Long hours with little pay...you will make 35K/year and that will be working 60 hours a week. Everyone on the phones is looking for another job. Overtime would not be bad if we were making the 8K/month they promised. They pay you practically minimum wage for the first 4 months and claim they pay a lot of money to train you. Then why won't you pay a decent wage during training? If you invest 'so much' in every employee- why not invest in a decent wage to live on? Do not work here!

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees like you promise - words don't mean anything. Action does.

loanDepot Response

Apr 22, 2014 – Director of Recruiting

We appreciate all comments, both positive and constructive, so thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

"A sweat shop"

Former Employee - Senior Mortgage Banker in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Mortgage Banker in Plano, TX

I worked at loanDepot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay for licenses in multiple states

Cons

They said people were closing average 10 loans but really it was 3 or 4. Made you work thru lunches.Wanted you to work overtime on top of the mandatory overtime. Certain people get way better leads than others. Easy loans were not closing in 30 days. Get paid 40k for working 50 plus hours a week!

Advice to Management

Make sure everyone gets the same leads and let people have breaks

loanDepot Response

Mar 14, 2014 – Director of Recruiting

We appreciate feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Do we require you to work hard? Absolutely. It's a competitive industry and we are a competitive company. Our ... More