lululemon - Great team, a lot of company jargon, and little room for advancement | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for lululemon

"Great team, a lot of company jargon, and little room for advancement"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at lululemon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people who worked in the store were lovely to work with, the clothes are an easy sell, good pay for managers, free workouts, and each day can be different.

Cons

Upper management often isn't aware what's going on at a store level, store atmosphere and expectations vary depending on who's managing, lack of clear store vision, too many initiatives going on at once, and a lot of company jargon when discussing roles. Very difficult to advance.

Advice to Management

Talk less about emotional intelligence and live it. Too many conflicting actionable items causes confusion as to what is actually the stores priority.

Other Employee Reviews for lululemon

"Backstabbing and two faced management"

Former Employee - Lululemon Educator in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Lululemon Educator in Bellevue, WA

I worked at lululemon part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great discount on (what used to be) amazing quality clothing

Cons

If you want a repeat of high school, you'll find it here. I was older than most of the other educators AND management, and I was mid twenties, and wow was that made clear! I also have children and was a single mother at the time, going to classes outside of work was pretty close to impossible, and I was constantly being questioned about my lack of commitment. I also didn't feel the 'cheerleader' mold, but in no way am i unfriendly or unapproachable, and found it hard to maintain the constant fake smile I was encouraged to withhold. My manager took it upon herself to hire personal friends and make them key leaders with no experience, over many of us who had worked there for over a year. Management and keyleaders were usually found sitting in our back room or outside of the store gossiping. I was eventually accused of having a bad attitude (which was the same laid back and quiet ('bad') attitude i had for 2 years of employment there. I was written up for a completely vague reason which i never understood. The manager lied to my face when i arranged a meeting with her, telling me she had no idea about my write up or the reason behind it. I was fired days later, with her signature on the paperwork. Lucky me, i was then the unemployed single mother who desperately needed to keep that job, exasperated because i was essentially fired by a clique straight out of Mean Girls. I didnt want to sit with you, anyway.

No wonder this company is going to sh*t.

Advice to Management

Your company is being run by bossy, fake, and extremely unprofessional managers

2. "Great company to grow with"

Current Employee - Educator in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Educator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at lululemon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-laid back
    -professional
    -work/life balance
    -free workouts
    -like minded people

Cons

-sometimes taken too seriously
    -when not hitting goal, not much $$

Advice to Management

consistency